the Rift

[PRIVATE] The wonderful wizard of OZ [EARTH]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

They weren't too far from the Veins, and given the easy conversation that constantly flowed between the two of them, the time passed quickly.

However in the back of Isopia's mind a general feeling of unease began to surface, sloshing around as if trying to reach something that she couldn't quite place. Hubris could of course, and Zero could as well. This wasn't her first child, it wouldn't be the first life that her body had helped create. And although she'd forgotten that part, the itching feeling at the base of her skull suggested that perhaps her body hadn't. 

So there was that.

And then there was the issue of actually asking her Father for a favour. Isopia couldn't predict what his reaction would be, how this whole thing would go down, and what task he would give them. She only knew that he was really the only one who could do this for them. The other Gods... well, she very much doubted they'd be amenable to this sort of request. 

"Ready?" She whispered to Zero, her bestest-best friend in the entire world.  When he confirmed that he was (although how on earth could either of them be ready for what was about to happen?) she took a deep breath. 
"Father!" She called out, golden eyes remaining on the rocks at her hooves. "I - " She paused, gazing over at Zero. Without meaning to or even thinking about it, she took a step towards him, her wing spreading over his back to partially cover his missing wing, but also to simply have him close. It comforted her in a way that she couldn't explain and wouldn't have thought that it would. But it did.

"We have something to ask you."

Isopia
Image Credits

@Zekle
Using one of Heathers VOTG passes to quest for a baby! (Heather is playing the baby, hence her pass being used). Zero and Iso would like to make a baby, but because they are friends and because of their height differences, they don't actually want to do the making. They would like to have the baby be in an acorn seed that they can both take care of...and then it will be a baby.

:|

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks

You nod, despite the fact that no, you are absolutely not ready. To be a Da- the thought makes your belly do somersaults, your heart crawl its way into your mouth. And with Isopia? You steal glances at her when the conversation lulls, trying to get a better read on her feelings about this whole business, trying to see if she's nearly as nervous as you are. Of course, you're contending with an additional weight- you know what happened to her last child, her last lover, the last opportunity she had to be a Ma.

Relentlessly your mind plagues you with doubt. But... it's different, you tell yourself. You won't betray Iso. You won't take advantage of her body, then throw yourself at the next willing mare. You... you what? You're better? Stronger? Wiser? No, perhaps not, but you love Isopia, love her with a fierce loyalty of childhood matured through youth, and you'll love the baby you have with her.

And if that isn't enough, what is? To your simple mind there is nothing more- you're giving this your all.

So you nod, swallowing your (perfectly reasonable) trepidation and turning sunbeam eyes to the ruined shrine. Your hooves shift on the jagged stone; you're so caught up with trying to appear composed that you don't notice Iso moving until her wing is around you, her body pressed against your barren side. The sensation of it instantly quells your nerves; you look up at her, lip bit in a lopsided smile, and decide that, yeah, maybe this is the right thing to do. Your wing moves, rubbing against the black stone carried in the crook of your joint. If this isn't you making a difference, you don't know what is.

You just hope her Da will agree.

OOC;; Zero rubs his stone for his quest!
Image Credits
- table by Niki -

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

Although the Earth God did not appear right away, as he had the last time when Isopia had visited the Veins, it was only a short moment after she spoke that he arrived. He faded into existence before the pair until he stood solid as stone - a tired but genuine smile on his face when he took in the sight before him - his daughter with her wring draped across Zèklè’s back in a gesture of familiarity and a bond that surprised the god. It was a clear sign of affection that only served to make him curious about what brought the pair to the Veins today.

Much as he might wish that she was just here to visit, bringing a friend along to meet her father, that wasn’t the relationship that tied them together. Theirs was one more complex than the simple parent-child relationship that many enjoyed - and she had clearly stated that she was here for a reason. The friend Isopia had brought was no stranger, either - Zèklè was working on his own quest for the god.

“It is good to see you both, I hope you have been well?” The question hung lightly in the air for a moment before being followed by another. “And what is it you both have to ask?” His curiosity was evident, a warming of his tone as he spoke, regarding the pair of friends.

God of the Earth
Image Credits

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Zero's easy grin softens her rigid stance for a moment, but she hardens as her Father appears. There's something so intimate about this situation, and not just because they are here to make a baby. She'd never brought a friend around for him to meet, err..not meet, but ... well, she's just never brought a friend with her before. It feels more personal than what she's about to say.

"Hello Father." She began, then paused. Had she ever really asked her Father for anything before? Guidance perhaps? That seemed likely, although her memories seemed exceptionally fuzzy at the moment. Taking a breath, and unconsciously pulling Zero slightly closer to her, she begins a speech that she should probably have rehearsed, but didn't. "We would like to have a baby together, but we need your help. I want..I want Zero to be a part of all stages of this child's life, not just the moment it comes out of me. And I want to know what it's like to be a Mother, to learn what so many others do." She looked towards Zero, her lips tugging upwards in a smile that she can't help but allow. "I want to be a family. With Zero. And a baby. And no one else." What Isopia didn't say, was that the thought of having sex with Zero was an exciting notion to entertain, but only for a split second. Just the words in her mind seemed to sully everything they'd ever done together; like some sexual stain upon their relationship that would never come clean. She wanted to be with Zero, but not in that way. Not because he wasn't handsome or because she didn't love him, but because it was her soul that needed and wanted him, and not her body. 

Their love wasn't like that. And that's why it was so pure. So strong.

Isopia paused, allowing her friend to speak, if indeed he had anything to add. Meanwhile, she prayed that her Father would understand the subtext, and not ask why they wouldn't just do it the conventional way.

Isopia
Image Credits

@Zekle
Using one of Heathers VOTG passes to quest for a baby! (Heather is playing the baby, hence her pass being used). Zero and Iso would like to make a baby, but because they are friends and because of their height differences, they don't actually want to do the making. They would like to have the baby be in an acorn seed that they can both take care of...and then it will be a baby

:|

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks

The God - her Da - appears, his huge form materializing like mist before your wondering eyes. It always surprises you, how massive he is- he dwarfs even Isopia, who in turn dwarfs you, leaving you very aware of your diminutive size, your short but stocky frame. Or it would, probably, if you were of a mind to think about such things- if you were even a little self-aware, in other words. The thing is, you don't feel small, standing next to Isopia. Nervous, yes. Anxious, even. But not small. Maybe it is the demigoddess' wing around you, maybe the bulk of her mountainous faith- you feel significant beside her, important.

And scared fucking shitless, because it's not every day you go to meet your best friend/potential future baby momma's dad, who just happens to be the God of All Earth and Water.

It doesn't help that the last time you saw the God, you were a mess, a panicked creature who couldn't fathom that his dearest friend would have murdered aborted her own child.

The friend who you want to have another child with, now.

Who is also the God's daughter.

Of course, Isopia doesn't know about last time. Only you and her father do.

The God of All Motherfucking Earth and Water

...Your thoughts may be a little circular right now.

The important thing is Isopia, her wing and her breath and her voice and her confidence, her faith, her love for you. You cling to that knowledge, wielding it like an inflatable pool noodle- it both keeps your demons at bay and prevents you from drowning in the unfathomable surrealness of this situation.

Lucky for you, the skull-marked demigoddess is eloquent enough to make up for your flabbergasted silence. Your attention focuses back on her, and you cannot suppress the warming that fills your chest as she declares her desire to be a family- with you. Vigorously you nod your agreement with this sentiment (are you gonna be a Ma and a Da, then? Or will there be some new title for you, one you and Isopia share? Damma, perhaps. Or Mad), sunbeam eyes trained on the behemoth, praying he can read into your mind and see the sincerity within. I promise not to hurt her, I promise to take care of them, I promise to love it, I promise to be true.

You love her- and frankly, if the God of All Motherfucking Earth and Water can't see that, he should probably get his omniscience glasses checked. 'Cus kiddo, your feelings can be read from a mile away.

OOC;; Zero's mute, for the first time :|
Image Credits
- table by Niki -

Helovian Ancient
Admin

That his daughter had come here to bring up this subject was a little confusing, even for the god. He was accustomed to being summoned to ask for help, even familiar with being asked to help with the creation of a child, but this situation was unique. He wouldn’t betray his daughter’s trust by peering into her mind or that of Zekle’s, such underhanded methods of figuring things out weren’t what he preferred.

Sure, the size difference between his daughter and her… suitor was obvious, but surely Isopia was capable of raising the earth a little and giving the short stallion the boost he would need. It did not seem very likely that she was here for his blessing on their union either.

Zero was uncharacteristically silent during and after Isopia’s speech, offering no clarification on the matter for the Earth God. The young stallion’s silence drew attention just as effectively as his voice would have. There did not seem to be any hesitation or trepidation on behalf of the lightning-marked stallion, he did not seem to disagree with anything that Isopia had said, which was good. There was an undeniable and strong bond between them, something that may even go deeper than a mere sexual bond.

After weighing what information he had carefully, the Earth God spoke slowly - his tone deep and kind. “This is a big commitment to make, both to each other and to the child you seek to make. You should not take this on lightly.” His words were for them both, but they were more pointed towards Isopia. He had not forgotten the fate that had met her last child and had no intentions of being party to yet another devastating event. “I don’t often have a mare and stallion seeking my assistance in these matters but… if this is something you both wish for, I can help. You will have to quest, together, and your devotion to each other and to this child will be tested before a life will be made... since I'm believe you are looking for something a little less... conventional than normal.” Another pause, the corner of his mouth twisting into a small smile before fading away once more.

“Are you both up for that?”

God of the Earth
Image Credits

@Isopia, @Zekle

Isopia was not surprised to hear her Father reaffirming her desires, and ensuring that she - that they - understood the consequences of what they were asking. For a moment she found it oddly amusing, in a philosophically annoying sort of way. Why was it, that she was under no moral constraint to prove herself, if she got pregnant the old fashioned way? Anyone with the necessary biologically equipment could do the deed and create life in most cases, and there was no trial nor godly test that had to be passed before hand. She knew better than anyone that such was the case. And yet same-sex couples and those wishing for a slightly unconventional creation of a life, had to pass rigorous testing in order to be given the same opportunities as those who were simply born with the right tools, out of no fault of their own.

It struck her as fairly odd and rather archaic and unfair, really.

But for once, she was not here to debate philosophy.

"I am." Isopia agreed readily, turning her brilliant golden gaze towards Zero, a smile tugging uselessly against her lips.

Isopia
Image Credits

@Zekle

Helovian Ancient
Admin

A thought suddenly occurred to the God, and his face contorted into disappointment.

"Neither of you have completed the tasks that I gave you previously.." His emerald gaze looked between Zero and Isopia. "I will not aid you in this, until you prove that you can finish what you have already started. Finish your quests and then return to me and we shall talk about the tasks needed for a child."

Both Isopia and Zero are already on quests from the God of the Earth! They will not give you more than one quest! Complete the ones you are on, and then return to him!

God of the Earth
Image Credits