the Rift

Before I lose my mind completely. [Xira]

Andash Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Striding through the cool sand of his beloved Throat, Andash quickened the pace until he could see the sacred tree in the short distance. Night had struck the oasis again, but the temperature hardly felt any different. The cold weather was playing mischief whatever the time, no amount of light was going to make much difference on his account. The frosted pelt felt like it blended in well with the season of Frostfall, but this he paid little attention to. Even here in the desert, where he thought that the lands would remain hot throughout the many moons of his life, were still a cooler than he would have prefered. Andash's sturdy pillars carried his handsome frame along the route as he ebbed his way forward towards the Dragon's Blood, making sure not to tread on the rocks jutted along the surface of the sands. Cenny was wrapped up in his feathers upon his back, giving the pale brute time to think for himself instead of having to traipse after her little figure.

Soon, Andash came to a halt beside the protruding feature of his homeland. The red sap that usually oozed from the bark of the magnificent tree was frozen solid, giving it an almost creepy appearance. The young steed's thoughts went back to the memories that he thought of so fondly, of the beautiful mossy roan that he had met here. Xira. A pang of guilt for leaving her hit him hard, but maybe she would forgive him. He thought otherwise, after all she had done for him. Somehow he would make it up to her, if only he could explain to her his reasoning for leaving at such short notice to get himself back on track. I doubt that very much, he scolded himself. His saddened face could turn the sand sour, but this did not deter its wretched display of blue feelings.

"Will I ever see you again, my Xira?" The silvered beast called out softly to anyone that would listen, but only the wind replied. There were no recent scents of her coming here, but he guessed that all he could do was hope. That was how miracles occurred, after all. With a sigh, he lay down and pulled Cenny up close to him, giving her as much of his heat as he could. Even a puffin as herself was still not yet grown, and he feared for her safety almost like a father would. Pulling his bonded underneath his fern-marked wing, he laid his crown and waited for anything...

Xira Posts: 67
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 hh :: 7 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kye :: Red-Footed Falcon :: Read Adoptable

He was lucky he had spoken when he did, when the fiery roan was out of earshot and still high above him in the sky. She had spent days puzzling over why she had stayed her in this herd, where she was forced to conform and lost the sense of being wild. She had fallen apart in the Oasis and begged for power at the veins, power to see the future so that perhaps she could make sense of it, and she had left the threshold filled with rage and a sense that in all of her time here she had accomplished nothing. Kye had flown beside her and whistled gaily, had looped around her and performed stunts of the air that Xira herself hadn't done in years. With each dive of her Falcon, the mare had watched and wondered, wondered why she had remained so calm and acted so mature. She was not this, this creature of family bound to the herd and it's values.

She was alone and free, isolating herself from even the best that reached out to her, and she was happy with that. It was her way and her life and that was all there was to it. Nothing could change her anymore.

So when she passed over Dragon's Blood and saw the familiar face of the Ghostly Stallion she had sacrificed so much for, she almost kept flying. Kye told her quickly, earnestly, of the Stallion's thoughts- that they were of her, and nothing but her. But still Xira almost refused to stop and land, to spite him the most by passing him by and never seeing him again. But the opportunity to destroy him, to stand before him and crush his foolish heart, was not one she could pass up. Without thinking she found herself circling and cutting through the Frostfall air to press her hooves against the sand, falling so fast and far that even Kye was left behind.

There was no hesitation, no moment to reminisce and no opportunity given to rekindle. "You!" She spat, her dark bleu eyes alight and renewed with the fire they had lacked for so long, "How dare you! After all this time, to come back here to this place and wait by this tree, to wait here thinking of me and hoping I will come by to catch up on old times- after all I've done for you!" Her body morphed in and out of visiblity as the rage within her grew and she became unable to control the power gifted to her by rank. She held herself back and far enough away that she could not harm him, but still her wings flared out and her eyes glittered brightly with passion.

"Stop!" Came the young Falcon's mental cry, but Xira pushed the thought away. "What did you expect me to do, Andash? Welcome you home with a smile?" She asked. "Stop!" Came the cry again, insistent and clear. "You left me here with nothing, in this terrible place with these terrible pegasi, what makes you think you have-" "STOP!"

Xira turned in an instant to face her companion, perhaps in her violent fit to strike her from her low perch on Dragon's Blood and toss her to the ground. But there was a sense of urgency and imploration, a hesitation for just a moment that let the little bird say what she wished. "He loves," the young bird whispered into the green roan's mind. "He loves."

Her face turned from anger to horror and confusion. Her mind reeled and when she looked back at the ghostly stallion she noticed his eyes and his face and his body and for a moment she thought she saw his soul. She wanted to run and hide and hate herself for what she had said, to never face him again. Her mouth hung open slightly, she tried to speak, wanted to speak, but had nothing to say. Because in that moment she understood everything and realized everything that he did and had done and she had never even considered:

He loved.

Unregistered

He turned his crown back to the heavens, and above saw the familiar figure of Xira, with her moss underside wings, her fluffy little frame that caused him to swell with happiness. But her own swelling was far from happy. He hastily got to his daggers, his pillars sturdy enough to refrain him from falling back onto his bonded. The puffin seemed confused, but kept quiet, thankfully.

Andash was a fool to think that his beloved would welcome him back with open daggers, that was something that he had secretly hoped for but knew would not happen. His mind wandered back to when they first met, and he'd laid pools upon a pretty mossy roan fae, petite in size but large in fierceness. She had been cold to him then, but after a while had opened up to him. He had betrayed this by even daring to leave for a little while. For this, he had no excuse. The guilt pulsed through him like a drug, and made him feel sick to the core. There was no happiness in her mossy pools about his return, and this he could understand. I am a terrible creature for leaving you.

The frosted brute's pools shone with the memories and the wholesme guilt that was drowning him. Never again will I leave you, his thoughts were almost reaching out to her, but his velveteens remained silent as she continued to throw the rightly deserved abuse at him. As she spat at him, he stood there and took it, not uttering a word. He would let her feed her anger on him and take in her irate behaviour, knowing that he definitely deserved nothing less. Her falcon bonded did not seem to show the same aggression that the bird had shown towards him when they first encountered one another, much like Xira. Their personalities were rather alike, almost an opposite to Andash himself and his own bonded.

The silvered brute stood silent once more. But Xira halted in mid sentence, her pools turning from anger into confusion and this totally threw him. What is she thinking? It appeared that something that crossed her mind, but he couldn't think what it was. Instead, his ice azure pools froze but were brimming with devotion, love and concern for the petite vixen.

"Xira." His one word utterance was so quiet he practically breathed it, but it was powerful - full of the same love and devotion that was seeping out of his magnificent ice orbs, aimed at her and nothing else. His whole attention and frame was faced completely towards her, and he was not planning on letting her leave. As much as he didn't want to admit it, he wanted to spend every moment with her, much to her distaste he thought dejectedly. Cenny began to wriggle, stirred by the sharp words, but he tucked her away.

Xira Posts: 67
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 hh :: 7 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kye :: Red-Footed Falcon :: Read Adoptable

She wanted to fix things. Xira saw the hurt in his eyes but could say nothing to abate it. She wondered if it was truly only she that had hurt him, or if in his silence he had hurt himself. She heard him say her name and thought she heard his heart break- she took a few steps even further back, folded her wings and shook her head in disbelief. Surely Kye had been wrong, surely this was not true. For if it was, what was she to do? She couldn't even begin to tell him what she felt, whether it was the same or something vastly far from it. She couldn't even think the word, she never had before. She didn't ever think she'd felt the emotion that followed, unless... unless that was what this was? This mass of hurt and confusion that welled up and seemed to choke her, was that what he felt each time he looked at her, each time she turned to walk away?

She wanted him to tell her what to do or say. She was so used to being independent, so used to being alone and uncared for, that the mere possibility of being cared for and... loved, even, left her stunned. She wasn't sure she wanted it but she wasn't sure she didn't. She wanted someone else to decide, someone with more brains than the bird quietly chittering words of discouragement into her mind.

She wanted Andash to say more than just her name- to maybe say it aloud so she wouldn't have to learn from the falcon who had now glided down to perch upon the elbow of her wing. She kept her mouth open but still had nothing to say. Silence grew and for the first time in weeks Xira became aware of just how cold the Frostfall nights had become. Suddenly her thick and curly coat did nothing to protect her from it. The wind was sudden and relentless, the result instantaneous. She began to shiver, and with each shudder of her body came another of the soul.

She wanted to say something but didn't know what. All she could utter was a word that was barely a whisper, a word that wasn't even a word but a name. "Andash," she replied softly, her voice almost disappearing into the wind. Her eyes mirrored his hurt and brimmed with confusion.

She wanted to leave but she knew she had no chance- he stood as if to block her, and Xira wasn't even sure if she had the strength. She wouldn't want to fight him, not now. Maybe not ever anymore. She just spoke again, quieter still, her dark blue eyes seeming lost as they looked at him. "What do you want to say, Andash?" She asked him, looking smaller than before with crumpled wings and an abandoned, childish look across her features. He had to speak now, she had to hear him say those words that would determine the future for her. If he didn't, she wasn't sure what she'd do.

Unregistered

The vision of the pretty fae seeped softly into his pools, a re-awakening for the brute that had spent the last few moons in solitude with no one but his bonded, keeping them warm and safe from the harsh elements. He had not spoken nor seen another creature on his short journey, it perhaps sounded selfish to anybody else the reasoning for his leaving - to sort his mind. This was something that he feared Xira would not understand, and so decided to say as little as possible about his absence unless she desired it. He took another long gaze at her, her frame seemed even smaller than his own now, but he put that down to the wind. It shrinks us all.

There were no real words of comfort he could speak to her; the confusion in her eyes was enough to drive him into total dejection and blue lands, but he knew that he had to be strong. It was weak to show too much feeling. But this was Xira! The mossy roan was someone that he looked to, longed for and deeply missed on his journeys. The images of her soaring through the air, wanting to be there with her kept him sane. Talking to a baby bird was hardly stimulation, particularly when said bird hadn't even established a communication connection with him. He turned his crown to Cenny, surprised at her quiet behaviour. He tilted his head in slight confusion, and then brought it back to meet Xira's mossy pools. He equalled her confusion in his own expression.
What do I do? What do I say?

She backed away from him, and his heart fell. Could she really not forgive him? He sighed, keeping his ground and staying fixed on his sturdy pillars, not moving. Even the winds that were throwing themselves at the pair would not falter his poise. They had become far chillier, the icy feeling reaching out into the core of his display and shaking it about. He shivered slightly, and noticed that Xira was also shivering. He wanted to comfort her, but could bring himself to do so. It was the fear that she would certainly leave then. Her cold nature was always going to appear in some form on some occasions, and he did not want it to be now.

Finally, he heard her utter his name in reply. What do you want to say, Andash? Her words were barely comprehensible, but he listened intently. It took him a long time to think long and hard about his response, something that would suit. In the end he decided that it was best to give up with the conservative speak,
"I've missed you, Xira. So much..." Andash began to feel his heart in his mouth, each lexis brimming with the emotion that made him feel like his frosted body would crack underneath it all, "I understand that you are angry with me for leaving, of course you should. Rightly so. I will not ask forgiveness on that part, because I have no excuse. All I ask is that we are no longer parted."

His suggestion even scared him. What would she say? What would she do? How would things pan out? So many questions that revolved entirely around how the petite fae would take him. The silvered brute never thought that it was possible to ask such a thing of such an independent creature, he was almost suggesting that he take care of her - that would never happen. In his heart he hoped that she would take it the right way, and that they wouldn't have to be separated again, not out of choice or option.