the Rift

Superman [ open ]

Naberius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

His eyes scanned the foliage with a mild interest, inspecting their new growth with admiration and pity. The stunning shades of green, brown and red that painted the formerly decrepit landscape was rather fascinating in Naberius’s opinion. What must the life of a tree be like? It must be fulfilling knowing you provide life to the entirety of the world, but being stuck in one place? That must be a misery Abe could never truly grasp. Or perhaps he was giving them too much credit in personifying them? They were just plants after all, dull yet influential plants. Naberius stood there gazing into the branches of the trees watching cardinals hop from branch to branch, their amorous song making his ears fall back on his skull.

"How annoying…"

Naberius’s muttered to himself, his deep baritone seemed out of place in this blissful glade. Unexpectedly he overheard wings, much larger than the ones attached to the minute fowls above his head, slicing the atmosphere. Just as suddenly as Abe became aware of the predator so did the others and there was a screech of alarm among the birds. Before they could flee however the hunter was upon them and in the blink of an eye Naberius watched a massive hawk descend from the sky and snatch one of the cardinals from its perch. It took a moment for the shrieks of anguish to die down but when it became silent once more Abe began to laugh. Quietly at first, but hastily his morbid cackle resonated through the glen.

Bereavement had always been a source of amusement for this wicked brute, mortality forever being nothing but a jest to him. Naberius did not fear his passing; actually he looked forward to it. Having been in innumerable battles as well as a few wars in his moderate existence Abe was not unacquainted with death. He had seen it, caused it and enjoyed it. The horn that ornamented his crown being his weapon of choice. Terminating his mirth Naberius scanned the glade yet again, pondering what other carnivores were eagerly awaiting their next kill or presently involved in a slaughter. What a phenomenal world we live in, it truly never ceases to surprise me. Abe mused with a concluding chuckle. Taking a couple steps forward toward a colossal oak Naberius inhaled its earthy scent and sighed. Tilting his head to the left side of the goliath’s trunk Abe lowered his dome and began to sharpen his lengthy horn against the tree’s hide. Slashing into the timber’s skin repetitively with the acute point of his antler Naberius could feel the bark being torn away and coming to rest in his filthy pallid tendrils. Leaving his mark for the world to see.

Desisting in his grooming process Abe exhaled coolly and strode back, pawing the soil austerely when he halted. His honey optics examined the number he had done on the tree and a grin distorted his maw. Naberius was keen to see what this new province had to offer, so far it seemed rather brutal and he ratified it. He had made a legacy for himself in other territories, his charisma and forte with manipulation always getting him where he craved to be. Abe had a good feeling about this domain as well; there was a hint of apprehension in the air and he couldn’t help but think he could take advantage of that. Beings were always so naive when they were distressed, desiring for someone of power to come along and rescue them. Well superman has arrived ladies and gentlemen, and he is dubbed Naberius.

[ ooc: Ugh its been so long since I've posted...sorry for this. Anyone is welcome, I want him to join a herd but I'm not sure which one. He is slightly racist but not to the point he wouldn't consider living with those of another race. ]

image credits

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F A E L E N E
everything is held at length

It was a wild snicker that caught her attention, so out of place in this forest, not quite ringing of innocent mirth. A laugh she should have avoided, but did not. She sought its owner, a stallion unless her ears were that poor, or a mare truly had such a sound. Faelene would soon find out.

Hooves struck the ground in a two-beat gait, leaving curved imprints in the moist earth. The edges of her mane were whipped upward with the air forced to press against her. Weaving through the trees, faintly aware of the other happenings she avoided everything else, wanting to meet this stallion. If he lacked a horn she would not reveal herself, but leave the Threshold for other things. If he was was a Unicorn it could prove worth the trip.

It was with a tighten of muscles she eased to a more silent walk, her head lowered while she tried to find specifically where the brute was. He was not hard to miss, the splotches of his white coat standing out against the foliage, the sound of what she assumed a horn digging into the flesh of a tree. Faelene only stared at him from a distance for less than a minute once she saw the curved weapon.

Stealing into the open for his eyes, she made not a word, her own dark orbs flashing over his tall, and well built form that looked to give a beating with speed and power. He was probably considered a stud with his bronze mask, and markings the finishing touch. Maybe, some in the Basin would be drawn to him. The Gods knew they could use more stallions, and new blood. This painted knight had to have seen years that others lacked. "You always leave a conquering mark?" The question slipped smoothly from her lips with hints of a smirk, while her look fell onto the etched tree. A tilt of her head she offered both eyes, having a guess he wouldn't want to waste more time. "As many come here to do, I could offer you a land to call home, but it depends on your thoughts."

Unregistered

Naberius stood facing the tree silently, his cream hued banner lashing tenderly at his hindquarters. For it being spring these lands were relatively stagnant. Besides the slaying he had just witnessed all else appeared to be still. His ears swiveled atop his dome, perusing the zone for any signs of other individuals. Abe appreciated unobtrusive moments like this, when he could just listen to the world and its many vermin scampering about, using and abusing their mother. Leisurely he began to catch indications of life. A fox slinking through the bushes looking for the next mouse to devour, a snake slithering up a tree trying to catch more rays from the sun, everything going about their day indifferent to their inquisitive neighbor. Naberius let his crania lower towards the earth, his amber voids landing on a field mouse as it warily smelt his hoof. He smirked as he watched its tiny nose working a mile a minute trying to identify its road block. Slowly his jaws opened as he envisioned crushing the minute rodent between his incisors.

Before any blood could be shed however the rustling of foliage drew Abe’s attention elsewhere and the mouse scurried off, fortunate to live another day. Whatever was in the brush this time was much larger than the previous creatures Naberius had acknowledged. A curious snort was expelled from the demon as he rotated his crown to look in the direction of the disturbance. His audits stood erect as he let his chasms pry through the plants, hurriedly seeking out the intruder. Naberius’s muscles tensed beneath his two-hued pelt, not out of anxiety but from experience and logic. He did not dread what might be stalking him, he was sure he could put up a magnificent fight against whatever it may be, but he wouldn’t be caught unawares. Abe merely wasn’t that foolish. As he had expected a mare of washed-out obsidian pigmentation emerged from the depths of the forest. The rubicund dreads were her paramount feature undoubtedly, giving her an almost fictional appearance. Her physique did not resemble most mares either, being less petite and more robust, but wholly she wasn’t an unpleasant looking vixen. Not his desired type by any means, but that had never stopped him before.

"You always leave a conquering mark?" A chuckle left Naberius’s gullet at these words. Why yes my dear I do, when it can’t be butchered or impregnated I go with the next best thing. Ripping off its flesh. Naberius kept this musing to himself but the smirk on his chops grew at the thought. Was that a serious question or one of those rhetorical provocations? Sometimes he simply couldn’t tell the difference. "Many come here to do, I could offer you a land to call home, but it depends on your thoughts." Abe’s head turned to gaze at her with one lustrous eye, staring into her sable pits pensively. What did she mean it depended on his thoughts? All he cared about was what they had to provide him. Naberius was not one to be a peasant or slave to anybody, he was above being a commoner and he would make that very well known. You would never get anywhere in life if you let others walk all over you, his father had taught him that and he had never forgotten the lesson. Even after his dear old daddy went utterly bonkers from his hunger for power and was assassinated by his own henchmen. But that was another story entirely.

“Oh could you? Do tell…”

He was an asshole, tried and true. His voice had a very refined hint of mockery as it slipped from his maw. He wasn’t looking for just a place to reside, heavens know, he wanted much more than that. This damsel did not hold herself like one of a superior class making Naberius extremely interested in exactly what she had to offer him. She appeared to be nothing more than a recruiter and not a very good one at that, but he was willing to give her a shot. He was a philanthropic fella after all.

“I have many thoughts darling, ranging from what I’m going to have for breakfast to what you look like from behind. Now if you give me a category you’d like me to focus on I’m sure I’d be more than delighted to enlighten you on what my particular ponderings in that area are.”

Ever the Casanova he is, truly a womanizer of the highest degree.

[ ooc: Sorry he's such a jerk, a little unexpected but characters create themselves I guess haha. ]

image credits

Hidden Account
Sica

F A E L E N E

ooc:It's all good. I'm sorry if I'm slow.

He was more disturbing than Faelene cared to let her mind imagine or dwell on. It didn't matter. His answering laugh was enough, and merely another mental note added to her mind. If he was insane with no bounds she was going to pass, but if he proved capable of using half his brain it might be interesting. Since she was trying to keep her reputation with the Basin she wasn't going to bring back and imbecile. So far he must have some part of it that functioned. A twitch of her ears, she keeps them upon him instead of following her feelings to flatten them to her skull. Play nice.. This stallion might be the first in awhile to grind on her nerves, but she was far from acting out. She was only deciding on her matter of approach, his voice might be becoming, having a mark of insult. Faelene now was only interested in taking him back to see what kind of fickle thing he would be in Psyche's presence. His nose up her ass, or his teeth shoved into his throat. Maybe, a ripped out tongue? Pleasant thoughts, she easily adorned a mask of amusement. If first impressed, and not aware of his own rude remarks.

A distorted laugh rang from her dark lips, and she shook her head while quieting the gentle ring. It was hard not to call him a jackass in the form of a Unicorn, but she would manage. A voice of sweet, and telling tones she spoke."You darling may fit in where I live, by the horn on your head, and the darkness in your heart. But I have no mind to take you to my Lady if you don't properly use your wit. If you can not handle the cold, nor far journey I'm through wasting my time on your coarse hide."

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Unregistered

Her laugh danced in Naberius’s ear drums. The insincerity of its tone was exceedingly obvious, despite what she may have intended. She didn’t like him, this Abe could tell immediately, but he wasn’t after her approval. He wasn’t here looking to be adored by everyone, Naberius didn’t even aspire to be liked by anyone so long as he got what he wanted out of them. So long as he was respected. Hell the most powerful beings in the world had the most enemies. Naberius had always been a charismatic bloke, one who knew how to coerce the precise individuals. He knew how to feed their ego without appearing like a stooge to be trodden upon; however he reserved that charm strictly for those who had the ability to contribute something significant in return. This femme was not one of them, she was just another puppet and he was looking for the puppeteer. Just another pirouetting marionette and he desired to know where her strings led.

Russet hollows considered the mare, the grin on his kissers remained prominent. "You darling may fit in where I live, by the horn on your head, and the darkness in your heart. But I have no mind to take you to my Lady if you don't properly use your wit. If you can not handle the cold, nor far journey I'm through wasting my time on your coarse hide." His smirk only grew broader at her words. It seemed very evident to Naberius that his wit was used quite suitably and more frequently than hers by a vast degree…but to each their own he supposed. But what did she take him for? Had he not apparently just made a substantial voyage? Did he seem to be from around here? A snort was expelled from his nares rather abruptly. It was beginning to look as if this mare was a bit daft. Yet the remark about her Lady intrigued him. Perhaps she would be a person of interest in his quest for dominance. It couldn’t hurt to investigate the matter.

“Distance and freezing temperatures haven’t dissuaded me yet doll face. I would relish meeting this superior you speak of. If the horn on my head grants me admission into your herd I’d like to see where my other one gets me.”

Naberius’s chortled quietly perceiving how much he was unsettling the damsel; it was just part of his twisted personality to stab at the bits that irked others most. Nails on a chalk board in the very least. Naberius was prepared to consult with this vixen but he was not going to integrate himself with the herd…not yet anyway. What she had to offer him would establish where his loyalties lay. Bowing slightly he tilted his crania obligingly, his coffee voids glinting with delight as he stared into her stygian gems. Finally Abe’s jaws divided once more letting his abysmal lyrics swim through the air.

“Lead the way if you please…”

[ ooc: Crappy post. I was going to make a thread in the Basin to try and meet with Psyche if you wanna bring Faelene along :) ]

image credits

Hidden Account
Sica

F A E L E N E

ooc:Did you want me to make a thread? Shoot me a pm if you do.

"I'm sure that wouldn't surprise you either," she retorted. It would not her. Though strangely they were not blossoming with babies as they once were. The shift of her visage became nonchalant, ready to see what the DarkEmpress would think of this bio colored stud. It was easy to pretend he was a pesky fly with an annoying buzz, following behind her.

Faelene unsettled? No, she was offering him the same manners, knowing revealing some impatience might help speed the process and shut his mouth. She had met brutes that made this panted one seem like a saint, for her to be unsettled he would have to pull a different kind of act, or strike pure terror in her heart. Something unlikely. It was his snotty attitude she wanted to smother, knowing when he met Psyche he would likely flip a switch, likely to the charm button. She was half tempted not even to reveal who her leader was. He did seem to think he was far more intelligent than she, surely he wouldn't need her help. With a heavy sigh, and flick of her red locks she turned, ready to get this over with. "Come along then," she requested, surely feeling his eyes would fall to her rear. If he got to close she wouldn't mind an excuse to clip that pretty head of his.

[end]

[Image: faeleneicon.png]