the Rift

[PRIVATE] SN: northern downpour

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
glasgow
I know the world’s a broken bone —
Glasgow didn’t know what she was doing here. She was already awkward enough around others, let alone taking part in a blind date. She huffed quietly when given the name of the person she was supposed to seek out. She had no idea what he even looked like, so she had to judge based off if someone looked like a Zekle to her. Which was far more difficult than she originally imagined. Her scarred head swiveled to and fro in search of who might be alone, awaiting their partners to find them. Unless she was going in a circle while Zekle did as well, never actually finding one another. Time would tell, though. And if she didn’t find the man soon, she’d more than likely give up.

Yet, she pressed on, looking shyly past those that have found their partners already, pausing by the water as it rippled and distorted the reflections of the tree branches above. Her glassy gaze trailed the ripples as they made it to the edge of the grove before she lifted her head again – spotting a bay pegasus that seemed peculiarly alone. It appeared from this angle too as she approached that he only had one wing, with metal dancing around the place the other wing would be. Intrigued, she tiptoed closer, but still allowing him space. “Excuse me, sir,” she stumbled over her entrance, clearing her throat and silently cursing at herself for the awkward entrances. “Are you Zekle, perchance? ” She tilted her head slightly and hopeful that this was indeed the person she sought. She tried to offer a small smile in greeting, trying to forget the scars that were scarlet and raised against her pale flesh, trying to forget the broken horn that sat upon her brow despite having a gilded cover to rest upon it, trying to forget about all of her imperfections.

"Talk."
— but melt your headaches,
call it home.
image credits

@Zekle AWKWARD GLASGOW FOR U

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
This is exciting!

Not the dating bit, per se. The idea that you'd meet people simply to explore the possibility of romantic (or, gasp, sexual) encounters is utterly mind-boggling. Maybe it's your experience watching Ampere struggle with love and relationships, maybe - and perhaps more likely - you're simply an emotionally stunted child, but you just don't get it. Sex and romance are sticky, complicated things - why on earth would you pursue those first, when they're so liable to get in the way of possible friendships? Friendships are the shit.

So that's the goal: make some new friends.

To that end, you grab your name tag and your smile with equal gusto, bounding eagerly into the crowd in search of your chosen date new potential friend, Glasgow. You don't know a Glasgow, but you think it's a pretty good name, all things considered. What will she be like? Young, you expect; strong. Tall, probably.

"Excuse me, sir?"

You spin around at the soft voice, lopsided smile plastered broadly on your lips, single wing splaying as your body contorts with far more energy than could possible be necessary. And there, a short distance away, quiet and demure, is Glasgow. Sunbeam eyes widen as you try to take in all of her, bright gaze flickering quickly over the broken horn, the scars on her face, the uncertainty in her expression. She is definitely neither young nor tall, but her face tells a story you cannot help feel fascinated by, and your own absent wing seems to tingle - someone like me.

Your heart flips slightly as you look at this older mare, a squeeze of empathy causing you to draw a sharp breath. You want to ask about the scars - of course you do, don't try to deny it - but through some rare stroke of insight you manage to keep your tactless curiosity under wraps, and instead drop into an overly dramatic bow (your default response, it seems, to being called Sir), exclaiming with sincere enthusiasm, "And you must be Glasgow! 'S a pleasure to meet you, m'lady!"

It would be difficult, though not impossible, to take your childish joviality as anything other than that- innocent, good-natured friendliness. An abundance of friendliness. An overblown amount of friendliness, some would say.

You might want to turn it down a notch... or seven. Don't wanna scare her off before the date even begins.

Zèklè
What if I'm far from home?
Oh, brother, I will hear you call

image | coding

@Glasgow LET'S CASUALLY PRETEND THIS ISN'T LATE AF