the Rift

[OPEN] a shining new era is tiptoeing nearer [joining]

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow
AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, I'D RATHER BE DANGEROUS

The mare's remark about the Basin being cuddling fiends makes Oizys pause for a moment, hoping to God that she's only joking. She might be a reborn, softer version of herself but that doesn't mean she's going to snuggle up to her new herdmates and tell them bedtime stories. A simple involuntary shudder is the only sign of her internal thoughts, and she casts a wary side-eye towards the sentinel once again as though daring it to edge its metal ass closer and fold her into an embrace.

Wessex introduces Erebos as the herd's General, and the filly's ears prick with interest. General... Her mother had once held that rank within the Edge, solidifying her position as head of the soldiers. Her job had been to marshal them, command them, train them....if the roles are similar in the Basin, then this Erebos is precisely the person Oizys needs to speak to. Interestingly, in her youth the gargoyle had always pictured herself as a spy, a sleuth, a dagger in the night; her dam's blatant warrior-ness had been too in-your-face, too obvious. But since the grey mare's death, her yearling daughter has had a change of heart; she now knows, with a conviction that surprises even herself, that her life must head down the path of the soldier. Her father was a warrior, her mother died doing her duty as one - it would be an insult to both of them for Oizys to choose any other rank.

Before she can say this, Erebos offers his condolences. The only sign of the filly's internal turmoil is a sudden shadow across her hideously scarred face, a ghost of untold grief that momentarily softens her stone-hard features and eases the steel from those eyes. It's gone in a second, though; she dips her head in a curt nod of acknowledgement for the young stallion's words, not wishing to say anything further for fear her resolve will crumble. The memory is still too fresh, too open, for her to talk about it.

You're welcome to stay here. The gargoyle unleashes a breath that she hadn't realised she'd been holding, a tiny hint of the fact that she'd feared not being accepted here. "Thanks," comes her simple response, and Ker peeks daintily from around her broad neck to examine her bonded's new herdmates. The large raptor unfurls herself slightly, not wishing to appear as frozen to the bone as she actually is, and offers a click of her beak in greeting to the two Basiners.

"When I reach adulthood, I wish to become a warrior," she says. She addresses both mare and stallion, but her body is pointed more towards Erebos - Wessex seems to defer to him, implying that he is the higher-ranked of the two. Indeed, you'd be hardpressed to find a higher rank than the leader of the herd's military. "Is there anything I can do now to help me towards that goal?" Her adulthood is only two seasons away, but Oizys does not wish to spend that time idling around and festering. She wants to put the time to good use, strengthening her body and doing anything in her power to get rid of The Thing inside her heart.

image credits

@Wessex @Erebos

[ the gargoyle queen ]
OIZYS IS ALWAYS RATED M FOR STRONG LANGAUGE IN HER POSTS

Messages In This Thread
RE: a shining new era is tiptoeing nearer [joining] - by Oizys - 02-19-2017, 11:33 AM