the Rift

[OPEN] Home is wherever I'm with you. [joining]

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady

ARELI
Do you still believe in love, I wonder?
It was with a heart significantly lighter that Areli made her way west, to the land of her birth. When her mother had offered her a place in the Edge, it had been an easy decision: it was not home to her as the Falls had been, but she had come into the world amidst the tall pines and silver mists, and a season of one’s childhood had to be worth something in starting over…didn’t it? Mostly though, she just wanted to be nearer to her mother. She had been loathe to let Parelia out of her sight after they had only just reunited, but she knew that Mama likely had business to attend to. So, she resolved to make her own way west and meet her mother again in a few days, trying her best to trust that they would be together again soon enough.

Bee, for her part, was highly interested in exploring the new territory that they were traversing. The pup had been born after most of the herd had moved to the Falls, and so she had never seen the forests that they meant to soon inhabit. Many rabbits? she continually asked, tongue lolling eagerly. While at first Areli had affirmed her that yes, there were several rabbits in the Edge (perhaps even more than in the Falls, given the thick woods), she had resorted to a mere head nod by the fifth time, largely tuning the wolf out as Bee rushed ahead of her through the trees, hunting for fresh trails.

Even on foot, the journey was quick—the Edge was not far from the Thistle Meadow, and the way was easy with the winter snows all but gone. Soon enough, they had arrived; the announcement signaled to Areli through her overeager companion’s sudden frustration at having a particularly juicy rabbit scent impeded by…Spikes? came the wolf’s query, sending an image of the glass to her mistress. Like icicles, but not cold, she added, giving them a cursory sniff. Wait, the girl replied, I’m right behind you.

A few more minutes and she was at the wall herself. She didn’t remember the spikes, but perhaps this was a section of the old and crumbling wall that she had never explored. Either way, they looked foreboding enough to give her pause. She stopped in front of them and peered through the gaps, searching for a passerby or a soldier on patrol. “Hello?” the girl called into the mists, doing her best not to fidget.

"speech"

Image Credit || coding by Tamme

OOC: set after Parelia's joining thread!
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

The spikes really don’t make for a welcome greeting for newcomers. Many don’t find the gate, but of course, if you don’t know where to look, how would you find it? That too isn’t exactly welcoming, though at least it usually stands open. The young mare is not the first Lyanna has found at the spikes, and for not the first time, she wonders why Tembovu had wanted them. Could they stop the forces that would matter? Certainly not. Kaos was the threat, not the other herds. Yes, perhaps they were a threat too, but she hardly thought that invading horses was akin to invading Gods. The spikes would not stop the monsters that came knocking in the dark.

The voice is what catches her attention. A simple Hello? echoing through the trees and the mist. Lyanna turns her course, making her way through the forest to the border of the herd, where she finally spots the source of the voice. A brown, winged mare stands with a grey wolf at her side, and Lyanna smiles, offering a friendly nicker as she closes the distance between them. “Hello,” she says, loud enough to be heard as she approaches.

She makes it to the spikes, hating that she is standing here talking to this mare through spikes. It’s no way to greet anyone politely. She moves so her line of sight is as clear to the girl as possible at least, trying to make herself as accessible as possible. “I’m Lyanna. Can I help you?” To be fair, she doesn’t actually know what the other mare wants here, and perhaps, in a moment, she will be thankful for the spikes that separates them. But it seems unlikely the mare is here to cause any harm, and so the spikes will likely be rendered useless.

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki