the Rift

[ O ] Without Ever Knowing the Way

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

Making his way across from the Worlds Edge, Sacre entered the Threshold with a bounce in his step, carving his way through the rejuvenated woodland that was bursting back to life with the help of Birdsong. On the last few occasions the fox-boy had been here he had meet some... Interesting characters to say the least. Mostly just strangers turning up in a place they didn't know, or once knew, and telling him to get lost when he offered them help. With the many occasions that had happened to Sacre he was beginning to wonder if it was simply the way he looked, the macabre red on black that made him appear as if he was constantly tattooed in blood, perhaps this made horses so inclined to reject him all the time. Or maybe he just looked like a walking punch bag easy for those with a foul mood. Either way, he was a gluten for punishment it seemed as he returned to Helovia's claiming grounds, following the stream, this time flanked by a fox or two. Besides, recruitment duty took his mind off recent events that brought guilt and sorrow with them, he concentrated on the gentle bubbling of water beside him to coax his own mind from the bottomless pit of self-inflicted torment.

The odd trio of horse, fox and kitsune continued through the woodland until Sacre noticed signs of another passing through and followed the not-so-distant sound of munching. Another cluster of trees, a corner and a brook later, Sacre came upon someone redder than he was. Taller too, with flaxen hair running down his neck, back and leonine tail. His blues travelled up to the antlers and then to the skull marking that jolted his heart, a picture of the girl Nymeria stumbling into his head. He closed his eyes, pushing the intrusive thought away, before opening them again to greet the stallion with a gentle, welcoming nod. 

"Hey" he replied, casually, as if he was talking to a friend, wondering if this one was a newcomer or a returnee. Either way, he began as he usually did, with an affable smile and a good intentions "am I intruding? are you new here?" he asked, almost bracing himself for the potential rejection that seemed more likely than anything else. From below, two sets of beady eyes watched the stranger, not sure of his intentions they lingered near Sacre, but their curious gazes lingered all the same.

show me your fears, show me your scars
I'll take whatever's left of your heart

image credits

@Baelfire aah I couldn't resist

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
[ O ] Without Ever Knowing the Way - by Baelfire - 02-13-2017, 04:43 AM
RE: [ O ] Without Ever Knowing the Way - by Sacre - 02-13-2017, 05:22 AM
RE: [ O ] Without Ever Knowing the Way - by Sacre - 02-19-2017, 10:11 AM