the Rift

[OPEN] Stranger and stranger things

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

Oh sweet, sweet,relief! Her legs feel boneless, wobbly, like they are made of jellyfish tentacles, and not something made to support over several hundred pounds. Whoever this Volterra is, he is either a mighty titan indeed exemplifying everything admirable about the way of a warrior, or he has something to combat Rikyn’s powers. Perhaps both. But the lad should not be surprised that a three year old without any semblance of advantage cannot withstand an unfamiliar, surprise attack the same way an older, stronger male can.  

Wessex takes a slow circle to make sure everything works correctly, knowing full that in the morning (or post next sleep), they will be aching as if she’d run until she could go no further. He taunts her - no, teases - having no idea how grave an error he’s just made. More than angering, it is troubling. She’d met multiple herd members, and though some may not like her for refusing to touch someone she is unfamiliar with, and some are straight up kooky, none of them have ever struck her as the type to be needlessly cruel, as one not to be trusted. Not the way Rikyn does - has. Just now. She comes back around, and instead of attacking him, she continues her steady, slow pace until she is close enough as he will allow, and then stops and simply looks at him with a level, measuring, orange gaze.

When she finally does speak, it is with a flat tone, all emotion purposefully removed to the best of her ability. “Everything in my body tells me to try and beat the shit out of you. But you are a herdmate, so I shall give you the benefit of the doubt. Just. This. Once. I don’t know you - maybe you had a shitty foalhood or are simply the type who enjoys cruelty. Maybe you’ve never had to put your life in the hands of others and trust that they will save your ass. Maybe you’ve never had to work as a team - I don’t know. What I do know is that this herd is my team, and if you use your power on me, or another member, ever again, and I will not hesitate to do all that I can to either kill you, have you cast out, or both.”

She flashes a tight-lipped smile at him, though who knows if he can see it with only moonlight as his guide. Her word is her bond - he may not know it, but she is one hundred percent serious. “I also don’t believe in grudges. Useless waste of energy. So good night, Rikyn. I’ll see you around.” The next time they meet, he will have a clean slate. Her eight-horned, heavy head dips ever so slightly, and then the mottled gray mare turns and heads back into the trees from whence she came, slash marks still glowing a pale, pale green in the darkness.

W E S S E X

image credit

@Rikyn
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
Stranger and stranger things - by Wessex - 02-13-2017, 01:18 PM
RE: Stranger and stranger things - by Rikyn - 02-17-2017, 11:23 AM
RE: Stranger and stranger things - by Wessex - 02-19-2017, 04:23 PM
RE: Stranger and stranger things - by Rikyn - 02-22-2017, 12:27 PM
RE: Stranger and stranger things - by Wessex - 02-25-2017, 07:32 PM
RE: Stranger and stranger things - by Rikyn - 02-28-2017, 11:12 AM