the Rift

[OPEN] Show Me Love

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
sed quis custodiet  ipsos custodes?

SHRILL SCREAMING

It took a moment for Isopia to understand what it was Ros was actually doing. In truth, it was Chico's pantomiming of flap your wings like this to fly that eventually clued her in. That Ros, possibly the most capable and level headed of all of them (Isopia was a child-murdered, Mesec warged-out and almost murdered his best-friend, and Aithniel seemingly had some serious Daddy's issues to work through), had still not learned how to master this basic part of her anatomy, seemed bizarre.

She couldn't be scared, surely. So what was the hold up?

Isopia watched, large golden eyes peering from the tree-lined circumference of the clearing where Ros was gliding. At a different point in her life, Isopia might have just abandoned her cousin to her pursuits, not caring much about whether or not she succeeded. Or she might have burst in with some babble about aerodynamics and a brief anatomy lesson to try and aid Ros. But this Isopia, the one currently lingering in the shadows, was not like those previous incarnations. This Isopia was making an actual attempt not to be so unlikeable (the success of which was up to interpretation), and this Isopia remembered being a child-murdered and a Volterra-fucker, but only through the eyes of Hubris. The bronze dragon had given her her memories back, and so while she knew of her past, she no longer felt her past. She had returned to being clinical and sterile, but somehow...warmer. It was the best case scenario really, to be able to learn from your past mistakes without having to feel the weight of them all the time.

Isopia was ... fixed, more or less. And she has Ros to thank for a large portion of that.

"I could make you a ramp." Her voice carried through as she stepped forward. She opted to leave out a hello (redundant), a what are you doing? (obvious), or a wow! good job! (patronizing and false).

But a ramp? Then Ros would get a bit of height to start from and wouldn't have to work so hard to get off the ground. It was helpful (she was trying), and Isopia hoped that her matter-of-fact tone (normal), would make Ros feel like she wasn't being judged for showing up epically late to the learn-how-to-fly party.

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Show Me Love - by Roskuld - 02-13-2017, 11:48 PM
RE: Show Me Love - by Isopia - 02-14-2017, 10:15 AM
RE: Show Me Love - by Roskuld - 02-19-2017, 01:53 PM
RE: Show Me Love - by Mesec - 02-19-2017, 02:28 PM
RE: Show Me Love - by Isopia - 03-06-2017, 03:52 PM
RE: Show Me Love - by Roskuld - 05-06-2017, 03:34 PM