the Rift

Lonesome Creeps Inside Me (Earth God)

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The idea that she accepted her fear so readily and never dwelled on its roots set the God of the Earth's features into a frown. Of a strong personality and body he was a firm believer in standing with conviction and facing challenges rather than running from them, least of all with little explanation. That she could manage such truly perplexed him.

"You should take pride in the swell of your belly. You harbor fresh life in there, life that you created and need nourish. It is a beautiful thing, creation." He offered her a warm smile, hoping to soothe her nerves and to inspire in her faith in his words. He had always had a passion for creation, it is why his season of Birdsong was full of such splendor and flourish as the land rejuvenated from the decay of Frostfall.

Her thoughts on her pregnancy had him concerned once more however, and he feared that such a mousey mare would not be a strong and guiding mother. Could he perhaps lead her to a brighter future and provide her understanding of her self through the task he would assign her? He could only hope for as much.

"Your thoughts on the companion are interesting, there is not many that would label him as such, even myself. You certainly have a different perspective on the world." He flicked his tail in idle thought, tilting his head and feeling the great weight of the ram horns curled there. A coyote was not an animal that came to his mind when thinking of bravery or strength. The coyote was a deceptive trickster and often times a thief as much as a hunter, and anyone who stole had to be creative to some extent.

"Most curious." He replied at long last as he set his gaze upon her with a heavy weight. He would not tell her how to think of the coyote - perhaps it was he who needed to view the canine in a different light.

"Tainted, before I can provide you this gift you must first prove that you can properly care for this companion, just as you must soon care for the child in your womb, and as you must care for yourself. I task you with two events then: you must rescue a foal from a dangerous situation and you must spar with a stallion. I hope both events will help you recognize your self worth and make you face your fears, or in the very least, provide some understanding as to their cause and purpose. It is not wrong to be afraid Tainted, but you should not let such fear rob you of life."

With that the Earth God began to retreat back to his shrine, wings folding to his side in preparation of walling himself back behind the stone artifact and sinking into the sky once again.

Messages In This Thread
Lonesome Creeps Inside Me (Earth God) - by Tainted - 10-29-2012, 06:13 PM
RE: Lonesome Creeps Inside Me (Earth God) - by Tainted - 10-29-2012, 09:20 PM
RE: Lonesome Creeps Inside Me (Earth God) - by God of the Earth - 10-29-2012, 09:51 PM
RE: Lonesome Creeps Inside Me (Earth God) - by Tainted - 10-29-2012, 10:36 PM