the Rift

[PRIVATE] wishes

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Vesper seemed a little nervous, but Mesec mostly just saw strength when he looked at her, stepping up to her grandmother’s shrine and asking if they were heard. Had he ever been as brave as she was a single day in his life? He had proved to be a coward time and time again, but maybe she’d inspire him to do more.

His mother’s voice was soft in the darkness, a near-instant reply that caused a small sigh in relief from Mesec. She would appear for them! Beautiful as ever, she composed herself out of starlight and twinkled on - making them a family of gleaming, shining horses. But though Mesec shone with the light of the moon and Vesper with the stars, they didn’t quite match the brilliance of the Goddess. He returned her smile with a small but warm one of his own, responding with a quiet “Hello mother.” His smile grew when she turned her attention to Vesper, warmth filling his heart.

Mesec hated that he wasn’t sure whether his mother was just humouring him with her smiles, with her cooing and compliments towards Vesper. He wanted to believe that she truly cared about him, about his daughter, but mingled with the shining hope that always commanded his heart was a dark touch of doubt. His love for his mother was nothing like that which he had for his children - it was tainted and clouded with years of uncertainty both in himself and in her.

But it had changed, a little. Ever since he had become a father and ever since she had helped him get control of the warg.

He knew it was strange to call on her so casually. This was nothing like the last two times he had seen here, he wasn’t bedraggled and tortured and desperate enough to call upon her seeking her help. He wanted to see her - to pretend just for a little bit of time that they were a normal family.

Which was why, right away, when she asked up front what the reason for this visit was, he didn’t mention Kaos just yet. Maybe Vesper would, and that would be alright, but Mesec couldn’t bring himself to form those words just yet. “I… we wanted you to meet your granddaughter… officially. I wanted to bring her soon but things have been, well, chaotic.” A very unintentional pun.

mesec

I'll fight to survive through this thunderous life
without you by my side

art by xdjurax

@Vesper
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
wishes - by Mesec - 02-15-2017, 07:53 PM
RE: wishes - by Vesper - 02-15-2017, 08:38 PM
RE: wishes - by God of the Moon - 03-06-2017, 05:21 PM
RE: wishes - by Mesec - 03-14-2017, 08:07 PM