the Rift

Locking up the Sun

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the resolute
one cannot stop the wind from blowing, nor refuse the falling rain.

I can feel Azzuen's posture turn rigid beside me at the mention of his brother's death. Compassion courses through my heart for the stallion, though I know not what it is like to lose a sibling. The thought that my daughter had been killed in the falling of the Cliffs haunted me for years without resolution, but those restless nights seem little more like horrible night terrors now that my flesh and blood was the current healer of my home. To truly lose those close to your heart is a painful tearing, one that I could not quite comprehend. To keep a brave face as he has is something that I admire in Azzuen, but my brash way of speaking knows not of this admiration before my words do him harm.

At least our visitor is sensitive to the heavy emotions in the air. I note how he bows his head respectfully, though he does not know the deceased. It was an act of kindness on his part, but I still hold suspicion for this cold unicorn in my midst. My stance and introduction could be enough to let this stallion know of my current feelings toward him - I was not trying to be tactful for this brute, no matter who he was. He offers me a full title, reinforcing my belief that he sat upon the throne of the Edge.

I offer him an unfriendly smile at his mention of meeting me. "I can't yet tell if it is an honor to meet you, sir Mauja," my voice is flat and honest. I was not one to frill my feelings for those around me - politics were annoying. I would much rather speak frankly.

After that awkward moment of fluff, Mauja finally begins to delve into his reasons for coming to our home in the desert, which seemed to be making him more uncomfortable by the second. I was used to the warm rocks of the Cliffs, so the heat this summer was not enough to make my flesh boil. It was obvious that he was trying to avoid war with my herd - I respected that. I had no interest in overtaking another herdland. Still, I can't help but find amusement in the way he searches for what he wants to say. An alliance? Probably too much for this distrustful stallion. His proposal is something I do not truly understand. He seems not to want to toss his honor in the way of a full peace pact, but aims for a friendly sort of relationship with my herd - a foundation.

My eyes glance in the direction of Azzuen as I think about this. I did not trust this stallion like I trusted my General. He reeked of trouble that I did not want.

Looking back to Mauja the Frostheart, my face is stoic. "I do not wage unnecessary war, Mauja. My kin have a plentiful home here, and I do not wish to expand into any territory." I pause for a minute, letting that thought sink into his skull. "Still, I do not trust you. Even your offer of a potential alliance seems little more than a scheme."

"You can leave with the comfort knowing I have no intention of invading the Edge. I hope you have the same sentiments for my own home."
""

Messages In This Thread
Locking up the Sun - by Mauja - 06-19-2012, 01:55 PM
RE: Locking up the Sun - by Ázzuen - 06-20-2012, 01:23 AM
RE: Locking up the Sun - by Mauja - 06-20-2012, 05:33 AM
RE: Locking up the Sun - by Ázzuen - 06-21-2012, 12:45 AM
RE: Locking up the Sun - by Mauja - 06-21-2012, 05:18 AM
RE: Locking up the Sun - by Ázzuen - 06-21-2012, 06:11 PM
RE: Locking up the Sun - by Mauja - 06-22-2012, 08:33 AM
RE: Locking up the Sun - by Kri - 06-22-2012, 04:27 PM
RE: Locking up the Sun - by Ázzuen - 06-24-2012, 10:38 PM
RE: Locking up the Sun - by Mauja - 06-28-2012, 01:13 PM