the Rift

[OPEN] clear your throat and face the world [patrol]

Vertigo Posts: 34
Aurora Basin Weaver
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: Four
DarkShadow
vertigo

“Move.” It takes Vertigo a few moments to process the command, but she finally nods, still shaking. The large draft moves, a slight limp in her step. The pain is growing, but her fear is far greater than anything else in this moment. The winged female moves herself between the roaring creature and Ve, backing up as she does so. The painted maiden follows suit, more than happy to make herself a harder target for the savage creature.

Sure, she may look utterly ridiculous, hiding her large body behind a group of fine lined and muscled equines. However, the youngster was more about self-preservation at the moment, something that wasn't done so out of maliciousness, but merely because she couldn't think of anything else. Her young mind couldn't fathom what her legs were supposed to be doing at a time like this, another reason why she welcomed the feathered maiden's commands. She needed guidance, what with her brain set to the off position.

Vertigo catches a glimpse of the fight as her antlered head peers around her savior's wings. The pure white female has moved herself behind the vicious creature, attempting to attack while the beast is distracted by the dark stallion. The multi-horned mare was also making herself useful. What was she doing hiding? She couldn't even answer that question, shaking her antlered head. Vertigo wanted to be nowhere near that roaring, claw slashing beast.

The stallion's attack hit home, though it seemed to only make the bear angrier, as he swiped one of those large clawed paws in retaliation. And then, while the brute is distracted, the small pale maiden attacks, her horn doing damage as well. Vertigo wanted to help, wanted to be useful, but she couldn't bring herself to move. Every instinct screamed at her to run, but she couldn't even do that.

She was so lost in her own mind that she failed to notice the stallion's injury. So lost in her mind that she failed to notice the blood running down her own leg, failed to notice the throbbing of her exposed muscle. So useless.... Vertigo shook her large skull again, trying to release herself from her fear. She had to help, that's what she'd come here for anyways, right? What would she do though? She was young and inexperienced, had the slightest idea what to do in a fight.

Instead of galloping into battle, antlers sharpened and at the ready, Vertigo remained hidden. She closed her dark eyes, hoping to block out the problem at hand. If she couldn't see it, it wasn't real. Right? The draft whimpered, the sound almost inaudible. Weak. So, so weak.

"Talk."
I need you.
I don't know why, but every now and then in my life,
for no reason at all, I need you.

image | coding
[Image: ve_chibi_by_hoofbeatdesigns-daya7ew.gif]
Please tag Vertigo in all posts
Non-Lethal Magic/Attacks Allowed
Pixel by me :)

Messages In This Thread
RE: clear your throat and face the world [patrol] - by Vertigo - 03-14-2017, 11:10 PM