the Rift

[OPEN] clear your throat and face the world [patrol]

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

The bear fought a good fight, but the moment it tried to go for one of the herd, it was doomed. Wessex cannot fault it for simply being a bear and doing what bears do. Its own hunger, its own baseness got it killed - the Basin soldiers were simply the facilitators of its demise. None of these thoughts come to Wessex in that post-slump moment, of course, having bowled a half-dead thing over, and very nearly tangling herself up in its no longer flailing limbs. Her withers burn, stinging with every drop of sweat that slips down against the raw, bleeding flesh. Blood darkens her shoulders, her barrel, but is not so free flowing as to drop to the muddied, squalid ground.

Breathing heavily, she registers The General’s praise and is only half-amused. Well done? Perhaps. But they are not as successful as it appears - riddled with gashes and spouting veins, they can now say they’ve killed a bear, but they never should have encountered it in the first place. They are very much a rag-tag group and unaccustomed to fighting as a team. Hell, Beloved might be more of a danger to her comrades than to her rival. She scowls, grim and displeased. “Fine,” she calls back, for nothing crunches when she walks, and she is not weak from blood loss. And you know, she still has both ears.

What is more than odd is the blackness that drips down the white mare’s face. Ok. Let’s not think about that.

What does appeal is the prospect of a trophy. No one else steps forward to claim anything big, so Wessex speaks up, half muttering to herself and half to the band of warrior women and their fearless leader. Her tone is oh-so-dry. “So getting a bearskin cape out of this debacle…” It would keep her cave nice and warm during the hell that is sure to be winter. And so she sets to separating flesh from fur, using her knife and horns to slice away something worth hauling back.  

Maybe their weavers could put themselves to good use and help her. Since she hasn't seen them do anything... yet.

W E S S E X

image credit

@Erebos  
I swear I posted this like, a week ago. Sorry :/
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
RE: clear your throat and face the world [patrol] - by Wessex - 04-11-2017, 10:23 AM