the Rift

[PRIVATE] run this town

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

A more astute, observant man than Volterra may have wondered about the level of anxiety in the mare's words as she reacts to his news of Aithniel's quest. He might have associated that nervousness with his own whenever he thinks one of his children are in danger, the primitive urge to protect despite his utter faith in his offspring's natural strength and ability to defend themselves. Alas, Volterra has never been the best at reading the subtleties, so he simply assumes Ampere's concern is for a beloved Sultana and long-term herdmate, and doesn't think any more about it.

Trying desperately to tune out the background noise of Vérzés' noisy devouring of his fishy catch, the Indomitable continues to hold his gaze on the winged mare as she gives her answer to his question. Yes, she says, and a broad smile flexes across the stallion's refined and handsome features. He hadn't truly thought that she would say no, but it is nice to have it confirmed. "Excellent. I intend to call a herd meeting soon to notify the rest of the Throat of Aithniel's quest. I will inform them of your promotion then." He is sure the denizens of the Throat will be thrilled with the news. It's clear that most of them admire and adore Ampere for her long-term service to the herd and to the God of the Sun himself, which should balance out any misgivings they still hold about the Indomitable himself. Of course, Volterra doesn't know exactly how close the Mother of Companions is to their fiery deity, having never thought to muse over the maternal side of Aithniel's parentage, but he thinks he is safe in assuming that she is loyal to the Sun and a proud follower of his ways.

The titan shifts slightly, causing Vadir to hiss as her comfortable position is disrupted. "Now seems as good a time as any to decide what direction we wish the herd to go in, and what we wish to discuss with the herd when I call the meeting. Have you any opinions on how the Throat should be run? Things like the activities of its warriors, the duties of its sleuths, its alliances, and so on?" He feels a thrum of excitement at the idea of being able to discuss all these things with somebody. Having someone to bounce ideas off is vastly appealing, although he does wonder on what would happen should Ampere disagree with a suggestion of his or vice versa.

V O L T E R R A
I'M LIVING LIKE A LANDMINE WAITING TO EXPLODE
I'M TICKING LIKE A TIME BOMB READY TO GO

drawing: chan <3

@Ampere

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
run this town - by Volterra - 02-25-2017, 03:52 PM
RE: run this town - by Ampere - 02-25-2017, 07:56 PM
RE: run this town - by Volterra - 02-26-2017, 11:18 AM
RE: run this town - by Ampere - 02-26-2017, 01:37 PM
RE: run this town - by Volterra - 02-26-2017, 02:15 PM
RE: run this town - by Ampere - 03-08-2017, 12:24 AM
RE: run this town - by Volterra - 03-11-2017, 02:55 PM