the Rift

[OPEN] here comes a great fire

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

At Bay's answer to his first question the fox-boy let the rest of his burning curiosity ebb away, wondering if maybe it was something he didn't want to talk about, hence the vagueness of his answer. Hell, they had only met recently. Though if indeed he was being honest in his telling Sacre thought it must be a sad burden to not remember ones past, like an itch that was just too far away to be scratched, but remained like an irritating reminder. However, the healer had never experienced such amnesia and couldn't really relate, though he sympathised all the same. Perhaps it was a past worth forgetting and Baelfire's mind was doing him a favour, who knew! He pondered on it momentarily before returning to the subject of the woman with a jovial smile presiding on his dark lips "mares 'ey" he sighed dramatically—not that he thought he had much experience with the species. Whenever he did interact with one of the female variety more often than not he was left confounded, Sacre still had a lot to learn in the artful areas of love and lust.

The conversation turned back to the matter of ranks and the healer couldn't stop the bubbling laughter of agreement to Baelfire's admittance of his thievery ability—or lack of. "As terrible as me? Would you believe I was once a head spy, I called myself the King the Thieves to impress some adventurous foals, but I never stole a thing" what a fraud. At the time, Sacre had thought he had all the credentials for the task, but he had failed quite miserably and learnt an important lesson about being too arrogant. He was, of course, still quite bold and hot-headed, but had learnt that pausing for a few seconds to think about things was often a mighty good idea. Now he pottered about in the greenhouse and collected bits of plants, a much more sedate life compared to the one he had lived before, swapping between herds and galavanting in the wilds.

"I like being a healer" he responded after thinking about it for a moment, Sacre had never really put into words his feelings on the topic. "My father was a healer, my mother too, I guess I was bound to end up doing the same thing at some point" he smiled, it wasn't really the whole truth about why he had become a healer, after failing as a thief and then a crafter. Out of spite for d'Artagnan and the need to do good where his father hadn't, Sacre had pursued the art of healing, but it was only out of passion and a drive to do good that he stuck at it, finally finding something he excelled at. "Though, sometimes, I find it frightening that a life might depend on me and my ability" he quite suddenly admitted, remembering with a shudder the final breath of Nyx and the day he realised that he might not always be strong enough when death came calling by. 

"Healing, though, is the best rank to have I think" he finished, chuckling as he shot a glance at Bay, deciding to push the subject away from himself and explain some more about the herd "we have a King and Queen, Tembovu and Alysanne, you will see them around" he nodded, thinking fondly of Alysanne. He had, as of yet, never gotten the chance to know the curious and rather frightening Elephant King, however. Thinking on about what his new friend Baelfire might need to know, he suddenly thought, with a sickening feeling, about the hideous monster that he had unknowingly helped create "beware also of one named Kaos, Helovia is not entirely at peace" or so it seemed.
Fox Boy

image credits

@Baelfire

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
here comes a great fire - by Sacre - 02-26-2017, 12:16 PM
RE: here comes a great fire - by Baelfire - 02-26-2017, 08:48 PM
RE: here comes a great fire - by Sacre - 03-05-2017, 07:04 PM