[PRIVATE] When she walks, she's like a samba

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful
I know you will

Gaucho had burned out the end of last Tallsun. It seemed fitting that his final flame turned the seasons into a growing, horrible cold.
Like the crumbling leaves of Orangemoon, Ampere had withered too.
Like the frozen desolation of Frostfall, Ampere had gone cold and empty too.
Like the renewal of Birdsong, Ampere awoke and thawed too.

On the precipice of Tallsun once more, nearly a year since the loss of the Wildfire, she was finally managing to cope. She would always be something more withered, something colder, but she was warmed by the Sun's fire, and she was guided by His light - and her own. It had felt like darkness descended upon her when she lost the miniature sun of her world, Gaucho - and even her nights ran dark when she realized her miniature moon, Mesec, had orbited away as well. It took a while to recognize she had her own light, that she didn't need either of them, and that despite her hurricane nature, she was more than just a streak of lightning blazing a brief, if bright, cut against the sky. She was a whole field of lightning storms, capable of igniting the world if she had the mind.

With her renewal, so too did her passion for the herd rekindle. She was flying patrols to keep an eye on Kaos, and like Graasvoel she had come to the Isles as a possible place to learn more. Practically in a walking daze when first he'd met her, she barely remembered him now. However numb Ampere got though, she was always perceptive to a capable stallion, and in that regard the red pegasus did not disappoint.

"Hello to you," she greeted in return, pausing from her task to appraise him as he approached. Though Kaos was certainly important, she had some time to tease a stud, if only to bring some sense of normalcy back to her life to retain a shred of sanity. Plus, he was hot, and there was almost any excuse possible for that. "A real shame," she lamented, "I suppose we'll have to find a new adventure."

His own stare stoked her body, and it incited a flush to creep along inside her. Those coals hadn't burned since the Wildfire had ravaged her (well and there was that one night with Maren...), and the guilt, the grief, that had drowned them out had begun to dry after all this time. She smiled easily in response, but there was an extra line there, on the edges of her lips, int he corners of her 'brow, in the shadows of her eyes. She was damaged, and even if she'd been put back together, the lines were still visible in just the right light.

"Ampere," she said simply for him, tail flicking across her flanks to distract her from the flush and the memories such heat brought on. "And yours?" she asked, head cocked expectantly. "Or shall I just make one up? I warn you though, I'm not very good with names." Her children had definitely lucked out, but her companion was just a mashup of shouts, and it seemed her creativity for language ended there.

Kygo, eating in a nearby tree, laughed across their bond. He was mostly staying out of her way though, thrilled to see some hints of old Ampere resurfacing after all this time. If this stallion could make her happy again, Kygo was all for that.

A M P E R E
PRETTY FACE AND ELECTRIC SOUL

ellsouille.deviantart.com with permission

@Graasvoel

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
When she walks, she's like a samba - by Graasvoel - 02-26-2017, 08:12 PM
RE: When she walks, she's like a samba - by Ampere - 03-08-2017, 12:50 AM