the Rift

[OPEN] Might as well do something

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

I’d forgotten how the mountains themselves hardened one’s body.

My morning runs had been over rises and narrow paths, rather than over flat meadow, and the gentle curve of the beach. While the sand had its own way of honing sinew, it was nothing in comparison to the rapidly changing inclines, declines, paths, and bends of the Froststeppe’s routes, and my first week of training had left me more sore than I’d been in months.

Glad for the change, dwelling on the ache of muscles rather than my heart, my eternal friend and I walk towards respite, thankful, also, for this greatly missed locale; when we arrive at the springs, however, I discover that someone is already there, and pause, my head lifting, and golden eyes narrowing to eye her wings with all the suspicion of a boy born and raised in the glimmering dusk of the Plague’s existence.

Though she’s been about, glimpsed from distances, I’ve so far avoided her, as I do the others who aren’t as I’d have them be (the hornless Lady, Aisling, or the other mixed-blood beings my Uncle had allowed into the realm). Though I don’t know her, I don’t particularly care for her, finding it far more difficult to accept those who are different than I am, while in a land that had once been a sanctuary of uniformity; the presence of a horn upon her brow, however, makes her company less abhorrent, and as she comes into clear view, I decide to join her, regardless of our differences.

I must get used to it, after all. The world is not as it was, and it really gave no shits that I didn’t want it to change.

I only notice the raven as I enter the water, glancing at him curiously as I wade to my chest without a word. It’s not until I’m good and comfortable that I really look at the mare at all, from my place across the pool, my buck tentatively smelling the strange water behind me, he himself refusing to enter the water at all, the ever-green ivy growing from his antlers trailing on the broiling surface of the pool.

"Greetings," I say to her, sighing as I feel the tension in my body begin to ease away, "the passes kicking your ass too?"

Image by Ghostly - Code by Tamme

@Weaver

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
Might as well do something - by Weaver - 02-28-2017, 10:17 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 02-28-2017, 12:15 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 03-01-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 03-11-2017, 02:33 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 03-13-2017, 08:53 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 03-20-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 03-21-2017, 10:11 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 03-28-2017, 12:01 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 04-02-2017, 08:43 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 04-10-2017, 11:19 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 04-11-2017, 11:33 AM