the Rift

[OPEN] Might as well do something

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

It’s amazing how differently each of my meetings with new people go; sometimes, they are pleasant enough, like this one, and others, we leave the conversation fit to exchange blows. Not really sure what alters the dynamic from each meeting to the next, I can’t say I’ve ever even really thought about it until this very moment, either, at least not to the degree I do now. Settling into the warm water, at last feeling comfortable enough around the hybrid to allow myself that ease, I wonder if, perhaps, the difference between those I do not clash with, and those that I do, is a matter of how I approach the conversation.

If she notices that I might be a bit distant, I don’t care, returning to the present when the hybrid starts talking again. Maybe I unconsciously had treated some of the others I’d come across poorly, unlike I had this woman, being too tired from my new routine, and too distracted by the moral inquiries of my seasons passed, to care much for being barbed, defensive, or unnecessarily unkind.

I simply was, and, if I can be perfectly honest, I’m a pretty awesome dude when I’m not going out of my way to step on other people’s feelings.

"It’s an okay place," I tell her, because, well, it is, "prone to danger and disaster, as any other, but the closeness of the Gods is comforting, even if they sometimes are not."

My other Gods, the First Gods, were intangible. They existed in a realm beyond this one, in such a way that they could never be seen by a mortal eye, or truly known or comprehended by a mortal mind. While that degree of power had seemed pretty awesome to me when I’d lived among those who worshiped it, it was difficult to maintain loyalty to a largely inactive, invisible nothingness when the Spark could quite visibly illuminate all the sky with his might.

Besides, the Time God also didn’t punish me for being with what girls I wanted. That had to count for something, right?

"I was born in those caves over there," I say, gesturing towards mother’s old cavern, which I have avoided since returning, for those on the opposite side of the vale, "I left, once, but there isn’t much out there for me, I don’t suppose, as I’ve made it back here after all."

Image by Ghostly - Code by Tamme

@Weaver

Messages In This Thread
Might as well do something - by Weaver - 02-28-2017, 10:17 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 02-28-2017, 12:15 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 03-01-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 03-11-2017, 02:33 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 03-13-2017, 08:53 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 03-20-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 03-21-2017, 10:11 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 03-28-2017, 12:01 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 04-02-2017, 08:43 AM