the Rift

[OPEN] Might as well do something

Weaver Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Corporal atk: 8.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.1 :: 3 years HP: 61 | Buff: Novice
Raven :: Australian Raven :: Terrorize Kyra

ask no questions

Her meetings with new people vary as well. She’s been on her best behavior lately though, being a newbie to this place still. And lately, her conversations have gone somewhat well. Kind of like this. Awkward, tentative, like she’s placing one foot in front of the other and trying not to step on a bomb. Though she’s good at masking that with her outward demeanor, which doesn’t seem to care. She’s got a boots-on-desk, hands-behind-head, cigarette-dangling-from the-corner-of-her-mouth kind of attitude. Like “hey, I see you,” in something that is neither a good or bad way; neither over eager or entirely uncaring.

She only slipped with Erebos, and that had been on straight black ice. She’d meant nothing bad by her comment in the patrol, but he’d bristled and stiffened at her comment all the same. Sometimes she just can’t see it coming, can’t wrap her brain around it in the way someone else might. It was not a bad thing in her head to be tricky and conniving, to pretend to be something you were not to the sake of teaching.

Instead of being turned on by their General though, they’d been attacked by a bear. She definitely should have saw that one coming. But she’d been too damn busy trying to figure out what button she’d pushed to pay attention to the bear. Fail. Definitely a fail.

She’d like to think she’s a pretty awesome girl too, when she wasn’t purposefully ignoring the fact that others have feelings. Or just straight not having a clue what those feelings might be.

“We had faeries instead of Gods. They were wicked things,” she says with a laugh, thinking of how she’d left the place. Flipped upside down and wiped clean. Though the residents there deserved it. But Weaver wasn’t sticking around for that nonsense. And so she’d left, off to find a life somewhere else. This one, so far, wasn’t terrible.

“I’ve seen the Time God, obviously, and the Earth. I assume there are others?” Hopefully he doesn’t mind answering questions, but in truth, she knows woefully little of Helovia. She’d appreciate some knowledge. Knowledge is a useful thing, after all. She may enjoy fighting, but she’s not stupid, and she knows the value of learning everything she can.

And these Gods were real enough. Not the one that mattered, in the end. She knows Death well, knows that only his presence matters when your life runs out. But these Gods mattered now, because they controlled her life and her future. The history of the Basin mattered now, because she wanted to call it home. Death was her past, present, and future, but she knew what she needed to know of him.

“What is it about the Basin that brought you back?” It’s really grown on her, don’t get her wrong. She finds she’s coming to love the place. But her old home, which she had loved as well, didn’t hold her. What holds him? “When I came here, Beloved warned me against flying…I’m not going to lie, that still makes me wonder what I don’t know about this place. If it’s somewhere I should stop caring for before I waste my time.” Before I break my heart, she thinks, because she wants to care about something as her mother had cared about the Chamber. But she can’t let her guard down so easily.  

- weaver -

and you'll be told no lies

Image | Quote by Charles Dickens

@Rikyn

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by AmoretteRose

Messages In This Thread
Might as well do something - by Weaver - 02-28-2017, 10:17 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 02-28-2017, 12:15 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 03-01-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 03-11-2017, 02:33 PM