the Rift

[OPEN] Might as well do something

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

"Faeries?" I ask, thinking, instantaneously, of the singing orbs that had given me Duir. I’m not sure what they were, or what faeries are, but if I had to guess, to create some image for a being who could see mental images as if displayed on the air itself, they would be those lights, dancing, entwined with one another in perfect bliss. They hadn’t been wicked, at least so long as no one tried to touch them, and had seemed, other than their shrill shrieks of displeasure at the curious colt who’d prodded at them, capricious, and wildly free. I don’t tell the strange mare of this treasured memory, however, not knowing her well enough to deem her worthy of more than my name. "There are similar here, I suppose, though I would not call them wicked. Just wild."

Like wolves, or bears, bound to the law of the ever turning world, the primal rules writ in the very core of being alive, there were those in Loorien who had conquered themselves, and those who were, simply, what they were born as. What made us different, Weaver and I, was to think, to eye one another’s bodies through the steam, I a man, and she a woman, and not find ourselves enfolded in passion, for the sake of sex alone. We see one another, and I see something I will not touch, for the thoughts which dance around her portrait, and she sees something she might (or so I arrogantly tell myself) but for the truth that I am but a stranger in a familiar haunt.

"There are," I nod, when she asks after the Divines, my beard dipping into the warm water, drops dripping slowly from its curls, "the Goddess of the Moon rules the World’s Edge, and the Sun God keeps the Dragon’s Throat hot as the fire of its namesake. There is also Kaos, now, I guess."

I frown, again feeling the dark worry that something horrible is coming soon rise to mind, and wondering if I’m at all prepared; if any of us are.

"He’s not a God of mine, though," I smile, coming up out of the dark chasm of doubt that yawns all too readily for me these days, finding some part of my old self while wallowing in warm waters, "I’ve killed three parts of him once, and I’d do it again."

I remember Ming Yue, flesh and bone, weak and near death from the curse which consumed the lands beyond, from which the Rift people and realms had been plucked from damnation. Though I cared for my friend, the doubt as to whether or not it had been worth it all often crept in, as of late, no matter my proud words.

People were going to die, again, as if they hadn’t the first time. Part of me wants to be mad at the Gods, for allowing all this to happen, but another part, the more rational pieces of myself, knows that being pissed won’t change anything. We’re going to need them more than ever, now, even if they’re pretty well why we’re going to have to face Kaos in the first place.

"Not sure, really. Erebos asked me too, I guess, and I can’t really think of anywhere else I’d like to be. I guess it could just be because was born here," I answer, rising from my thoughts as she moves the conversation onward. As if that simple fact makes some place your home; it doesn’t, but, for the most part, it still holds true for me, even if home is a lot different than it used to be. Chuckling, a dark light flashing in the depths of my eyes, I wonder if I should answer her next row of inquiries with the truth, because, well, everyone else seems to be dead or gone. Who gives a shit who I tell now, so long as they don’t tell Erebos? "Do you really want to know the truth? The General will be awful pissed at me if you leave, especially because he probably won’t believe why you’ll be doing it."

Though I’ve been pretty morose as of late, I can’t help but admit that the herd life is definitely helping; I hadn’t run into very many people to play the “I know something you don’t know” game with, out there in the wilderness.

"If I do tell you…" I elaborate, lowering my voice even more, "you have to promise to never tell him. It would hurt him too badly, you see. And then, of course, I’d have to hurt you."

Let the wicked smile that plays across my lips tell her of the truth of that promise.

Image by Ghostly - Code by Tamme

@Weaver

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
Might as well do something - by Weaver - 02-28-2017, 10:17 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 02-28-2017, 12:15 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 03-01-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 03-11-2017, 02:33 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 03-13-2017, 08:53 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 03-20-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 03-21-2017, 10:11 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 03-28-2017, 12:01 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 04-02-2017, 08:43 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 04-10-2017, 11:19 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 04-11-2017, 11:33 AM