the Rift

[OPEN] Might as well do something

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

I watch her through the steam, deciding, now, that it is time to get out. What had ached, no longer does, but I can feel my skin starting to sponge up the moisture. At least, I think, rising from the water, the droplets falling from my belly onto the earth below, it is warm. Give it a couple months, and I won’t think about going into that water unless I’m so sore I’m liable to die. The chill that sweeps in with Orangemoon’s arrival is unrivaled anywhere else in Helovia, to such a degree that the always warm basin at the hind of the land is hardly a tempting way to stave off the cold.

Soon, we’ll simply stand alongside it, basking in radiant heat, dreaming of these days when the Sun is high, and the air is hot enough to almost immediately begin to strip away the moisture from your skin.

As I rise and think of the fleeting summer (how each had seemed shorter as it moved onward, the more I saw come and go, this year being by far the most noticeable of all), Weaver of the Chamber is speaking. Turning an ear to catch her words, I meander towards my belongings, carefully arranged along the shore, my muscular flanks turned in her direction. Looking at her when she finishes talking, I dwell on her words while I stare.

"Nothing changed," I reply, at last, "the world remained as it was, and they gave way to its lack of concern for their desire to change it, one by one, like bricks from a wall, tumbling down a precipice or carried away, until he was the only one of them left."

Deimos had not really been to blame; he had remained faithful, and true. What other choice did he have, but to accept that the world was not what he wanted it to be? I faced the same predicament, sharing a bath with a feathered mare, forced to express kindness, because, if I did not, every moment became a battle, which lead to another. They fueled their assaults with the words honor, and justice - I called their drive narrow-mindedness and a blatant disrespect to the Old Ways. In ways, they were just as cold and ruthless as my parents had been, when they'd first arrived, full of vigor and violence, striking down the hornless where they could. After time, though, those struggles tempered them, so that, instead, they had partially shut their doors, allowing only unicorns in...

But the "good" ones could not accept such things, even after the beatings had ceased, and all that differed, truly, between their herds was that some allowed all, and ours allowed but one. As a child, I had quickly learned that with the name Aurora Basin came a certain stigma, a sharpness of their gazes and a condemnation of one's being given immediately, before they had ever learned anything more about me. It was as it was.

No roses grew from that field.

Only people like me.

Image by Ghostly - Code by Tamme

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
Might as well do something - by Weaver - 02-28-2017, 10:17 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 02-28-2017, 12:15 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 03-01-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 03-11-2017, 02:33 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 03-13-2017, 08:53 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 03-20-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 03-21-2017, 10:11 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 03-28-2017, 12:01 PM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 04-02-2017, 08:43 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Rikyn - 04-10-2017, 11:19 AM
RE: Might as well do something - by Weaver - 04-11-2017, 11:33 AM