the Rift

[OPEN] empty rooms [EDGE PATROL]

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

'   and i am not the same   '

Toulouse's deployment to the Green Labyrinth was somewhat expected. He could only expect that Iona would maneouvre him as far from the herd as possible.
Evangeline was the name of his patrolling partner, though he was quite certain this former doctor had not been seen in the herdlands for some time and thus had perhaps not even received her orders. He would assume this was, again, just a trick to send him out alone.

Though, he did have company.
The small snake coiled sleepily around one of the upper horns burried into his skull, having enjoyed a nap for most of the journey south east. Boomslang was not one for travelling; snakes never were.

The specter was, to an extent, unsure of what he had even come this far to observe. Perhaps it was just anything out of the usual, though there was always something unusual in any given part of the country. Last time he was in this green wilderness he came upon some talking spiders.

@evangeline !!
Patrol!

art: © x coding: © x
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Hearth Posts: 22
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 8 (FF) HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Locks
Hearth

My reflection makes a dark and beautiful contrast to the vibrant greens reflected on the surface of the pool for the brief moment I observe it before I wade into the shallows to bathe myself. The summer air crowds me heavy enough to draw beads of sweat from my hide, bringing a slight glisten to my shoulders and back but no more then this. Even now my breath is even and unperturbed, for I am Hearth,  hardened traveler of the world and no stranger to the tolls of heat if  this be called even that. Born in the frigid mountains of Galla I was merely used to colder places and for that how could a mare have shame? None I say. 

That being said I relished in the cool touch of the forest pool as it glides across my skin with each step I take inward, exciting a series of shivers down my body. Doubtless it is kept so by the prolific if thready shade cast upon it by the reed trees in this strange but beautiful place. Stray sunlight beams glimmered evanescently like fire flies all round  as the trees sway nearly as if with breath of their own, seeming to lean to-and-fore with interest at me same as before. Yes, it is not the first time I have visited this place, as is a wanderers way, though this be far any place I favor truth be said. Here the trees – if they are even that – crowd too closely, making my great wings ache for freedom and hinder any true sense of direction, fostering an atmosphere of confusion that my ilk find baleful in every right and so my distrust. That is not to say I tremor with fear in this place. I am of the winged kind and may flee at my own whim should the need arise, nor am I petty enough to avoid a place for such slight discomforts as I have baser needs to satisfy. 

For a body to travel it must be healthy and for that to be one must eat, drink, and rest. That is what I have come here for. Now knee deep in the water I dip my head till my maw breaches the surface and sup the clear liquid eagerly, splashing some onto my shoulder and flanks to enjoy its touch as well. Beside me my great wings hover just over the water, idly fanning the air to create a breeze of their own between long awaited  stretches.     

At some time I notice the sound of footsteps nearby and cast my gaze over to what I believed to be the source and saw the outline of someone approaching. It appeared to be one of the horned sort, which amused me for the last time I was here I meet Sjal and she was also horned.

" Lo, stranger."I call out amicably. 

For flame, for heart
Image Credit

@Toulouse
  • Permission granted to harm Hearth and use magic against her, but withhold from dismemberment and death.

• Also, please tag Hearth in Threads!

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

'   and i am not the same   '

The crown of bones upon his head craned upward towards the capony, his eyes of deep azure and glaucious green piercing the leaves above in an attempt to find the sun. What time of day was it? The forest's cieling was so dense, one would hardly notice the day pass, nor any birds or pegasi above. How could anything thrive here, only just able to see the sun?

There was something far too quiet about the bamboo maze that was the Green Labyrinth. Ghostly, silent, and much too serene for a forest full of wild growth; the birdsong hardly existed, nor did anything but the crackle of kindling under each footstep. The lack of any senses began to suffocate the gelding, his nose scrunching with discomfort and a grunt erupting from his throat as his mind constricted. This place truly teased him.

It was as he paused, his face turned to the ultraviolet like a sunflower seeking sun, that the voice was heard like a switchblade to the silence.
'lo, stranger' the voice had cooed.
Closing his ivory eyelids over those vintage eyes, the Specter gave a gruff sigh. Toulouse might have assumed this was Evangeline, though given the seriousness of the word stranger, planting it upon him as if it was his actual name, told him that no - he was, in fact, a stranger, and she was no herd-sister of his.

"Do you know this place?" The agent uttered, his face not yet turned from the sun, nor his eyelids unfolded from the crystals within.
A moment or two later he gave another exhale, this time opening his eyes and turning directly upon his forehand by swinging his hocks away from the strange woman, now facing her.

This hen was coloured in the most peculiar array of browns and slashing stripes. Comely was her figure and more than agreeable in her dark eyes; perhaps if he truly swung that way, this tall dove would rate highly in his books.

ooc; HEY THERE! pls note his rank has changed but at the time this thread is set he was World's Edge Specter! :D
@hearth
let me know if you like ot be tagged :D

art: © x coding: © x
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Hearth Posts: 22
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 8 (FF) HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Locks
Hearth

The stranger approached and lumbered on without taking his eyes from the canopy, a bemused expression etched on his face before turning and acknowledging me, his question poised in the air. By the time his gaze tore from its bewildered state at the canopy to look upon me I had set myself to shrugging nonchanlantly, my great wings taking it upon themselves to accent the gesture with ponderous weight. " I know it as much as it allows itself to be  known.“I say, tilting my own head up at the crowded ceiling of leaves and outreaching branches that interwove with one another to make a natural snare, or so it seemed. The part in me, the one borne of air spirit, naturally is unsettled here but I am not held prisoner by fear or nervousness. I’d rather call it a distaste and it is an opinion that seems to me to be shared with the stranger. 

After a moment I continue, stilling eyeing the canopy and pointing one of my fair wings upward. "Above it is simple – verdant fields surrounded by wood and marsh in changing designs. Within…it is difficult to say.” At this I turn my head toward the stranger and observe him properly, my curiosity suddenly peaked by his unusual attire but my face remains idle aside from the slightest action of my brow to betray the thought. A band of gold glistened on his brow and tied to that was a blood hued scarf that donned the length of his rather lithe and petite body on both sides. It is an odd trinket and the thought to touch it occurred to me, to feel its material and test if it were as light as it appeared to be. The urge in my muscles to do so quivered beneath my skin ready to spring but discipline won out in the moments struggle. Doubtless my foalish want to tinker with the item would be frowned upon and it was not a manner becoming of a traveler. Had I meant the stranger once beforehand…perhaps.  

After a moments breath I continue on, my tone calm as was my way. “ Do you not mean to be here?”I ask, emboldened by his earlier question despite he did not yield the usual air of someone who was lost. “I can aid you in leaving these marshes if you wish. A small thing, from one traveler to another. ” 

"speak."
For flame, for heart
Image Credit

@Toulouse - Sorry for the wait D: Family stuff and bad wifi lead to this, but I'm happy to be rping with you too!! Also, I like being tagged.
  • Permission granted to harm Hearth and use magic against her, but withhold from dismemberment and death.

• Also, please tag Hearth in Threads!