the Rift

[OPEN] outriders [patrol]

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

She’s been standing by the cool waterfall for awhile, simultaneously enjoying the mists from the tumultuous water and pondering what the hell could make the water appear as red as blood. Well, clearly it wasn’t the liquid itself, as the waterfall was clear - white with all the rushing and tumbling and sheer volume of it all. No, it was the pool that was red - and yet, after she had taken a decent amount of time to determine that the water was indeed safe to drink, she still wondered why all the leaves were crimson, too!

Even in the strangest of places, nature still acted like nature. Leaves change colors in the fall. They do not… stay red all year long.

So there Wessex is, horns and lion tail and all, just standing by the pool’s edge and looking down at it with a slightly tilted head. The roar of the falls covers the sound of Sacre’s approach, and it isn’t until she sees movement out of the edge of her eye that Wessex realizes how vulnerable she is at that moment. It startles her. And then she swears - though it is more at herself than at the strange stallion. “Goddamn it!” The horned woman tries to follow it up with a weak smile, but it’s hard when there’s no reason to do so - smile, that is. Her tail swipes back and forth, not so much in agitation, but just out of pure awkwardness, because now the stoic soldier is slightly embarrassed. “Ah, not you. I was startled.” A pause. “My bad.”

Eager to move on, Wessex just kind of ploughs through, and continues with, “Do you know what’s on the bottom of the pool that makes the water look red?”

W E S S E X

image credit

@Sacre
-crashes!-
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
outriders [patrol] - by Sacre - 03-03-2017, 04:58 AM
RE: outriders - by Wessex - 03-06-2017, 05:40 PM
RE: outriders - by Sacre - 03-07-2017, 06:59 PM
RE: outriders - by Wessex - 03-14-2017, 01:00 PM
RE: outriders - by Sacre - 03-20-2017, 06:10 PM