the Rift

[OPEN] outriders [patrol]

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

Why not, indeed.

Truth be told, if Wessex didn’t have some teeny tiny part of her whispering ‘be careful…’ and ‘maaaaybe you shouldn’t do that,’ she wouldn’t have requested a perfect stranger jump into an unknown pool with her. The mottled mare is a big girl - she can go swimming all by herself. Gut and Instinct, however, were things her mother said to pay attention to - that, and detail. And the details tell her that there are no fish swimming in this pool. That tells her the water is either poisonous in some way, or there miiiiiight be a thing down there. A thing that eats fish. A thing that eats ducks and beavers and potentially horses.

So if they’re going to be idiots, they’re going to be idiots together. And nothing builds comradery like facing potential danger and either laughing about their foolishness or living to tell the tale.

“Excellent,” she replies, putting on a fearless face, full of macho bravado and soldierly buffness. The sort that an army bro might have, or someone who thinks they have a great deal to prove, when really it’s all about the insecurities in their head. “Yes, I grew up in a kingdom by the sea…” She pauses and fixes him with a half-puzzled expression. Surely the unicorn wouldn’t agree to this if he needed leg floaties and a bunch of brightly colored noodles… right? RIGHT? She has to ask. ”You can swim too, right?”

Let’s not ruin all the fun with having to fish out a drowning horse.

Her previous question, however, is overlapped with his of when to jump, so Wessex assumes that’s a yes, the guy can swim. Her head bobs up and down decisively, a wicked little grin stretching across her features, kohl-rimmed eyes delighting in the challenge. “Aye - One.” She lifts a hoof. ”Two. Her eyes dart down to the pool, to make sure she won’t land on any sharp, pointy bits. “Three!” She yels, and heaves her body in the red depths, hoping that Sacre jumped in too, and she isn’t left looking like an utter fool.

W E S S E X

image credit

@Sacre
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
outriders [patrol] - by Sacre - 03-03-2017, 04:58 AM
RE: outriders - by Wessex - 03-06-2017, 05:40 PM
RE: outriders - by Sacre - 03-07-2017, 06:59 PM
RE: outriders - by Wessex - 03-14-2017, 01:00 PM
RE: outriders - by Sacre - 03-20-2017, 06:10 PM
RE: outriders - by Wessex - 04-03-2017, 12:46 PM