the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fancy meeting you here - [patrol]

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

In truth, the sleek and angular woman who bedecked herself in sparkly bits and enchanting loops of hair did not stay in Wessex’s mind for long. Not because the soldier did not find her match’s confidence and easy sexuality enchanting, but because there was simply so much else to do. As far as the horned woman is concerned, her match was such stuff as dreams were made of, prancing in and out of slumber on an irregular basis (only, it seemed, when her body did not immediately yank her down, down, down, into unconscious sleep). They were pleasant evenings, and in them she found herself far more smooth than her bumbling first impression could ever relay.

Like most ego driven events, we are usually either magnificent or pathetic; there is rarely a run-of-the-mill dream.

With summer officially here, Wessex finds herself wanting to explore before the weather turns cool again. She casts a wider course on her patrols, creating a map in her mind of a land that is becoming larger and larger and larger. The sun’s heat beats down upon her mottled back, burning hotter upon this green refuge than the thistle-clad plains below. Despite the fairly recent events, the field is peaceful - full of natural noises and a light breeze. Grass rustles with the movement of small rodents, while songbirds sit, singing in the trees on the fringe. It is an absolutely perfect day. Even the clouds are fluffy and light, as they float slowly across a light blue sky.

How out of place she must look - the mutant in an untroubled, untouched paradise.  

W E S S E X

image credit

@Manon  
Yayayayayay.
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Manon Posts: 37
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Space
[Image: 30kwumh.jpg]

Manon spent more time out of the Edge than in it these days, her mile-long legs caught in an endless desire to wander as she traded comfort for movement. Despite having not been home for a few days, she still appeared as opulent and desirable as always, her skin soft to the touch, her hair silky and bundled into an elegant half bun. If anything she perhaps looked a little more approachable, unlike at the singles event, where she had purposely ensured she looked intimidating and unobtainable. Now, however, she was relaxed and in quite a pleasant mood, stretching her long limbs outward as she rested amongst the soft green grasses of the fields.

The sun beat down upon her satin skin, burnishing the red in her coat and bringing out all the delicate details, turning her silver lashes to star-fire in the blaze. Manon noticed the attention and smiled smugly, confident in the knowledge that she was youthful, beautiful and eligible. It didn't take long for the sound of hooves to reach her slender ears, causing them to prick swiftly and setting her into motion as she lifted her petite frame to stand and peer across the lush fields. Wessex, she thought, her iridescent eyes following the handsome frame of the woman as she trudged in her soldierly manner, probably patrolling.

A smile brightened her angular face, even reaching the depths of her eyes (an unusual accomplishment). With a fluid skip Manon picked up her hooves and trotted toward the muscle-hardened form of the other woman; "Wessex!" She called, her voice carrying across the green terrain easily. As she approached, the sun hit her from behind, haloing the slender woman in sunlight and sending highlights sliding through Wessex's short ebony mane.

"What a pleasant surprise," Manon said, softer now that she was closer. And to her surprise, she meant it.

@Wessex <3 !!

stock image
please tag Manon in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

Astor

Wessex has never had someone scrutinize her gait before. She probably walks everywhere in a soldierly manner (except when she’s feeling particularly awkward and/or flustered about a pretty face) - and it happens to come out extra soldiery when she’s officially on a patrol. Double extra soldiery with the addition of a fresh batch of scars trailing down the left side of her withers; they were no longer open wounds that exposed pink flesh to the air, but dark, scabbed-over lines which slice through her light and dark coat like a knife. Courtesy of a bear.

Wessex! floats across the fields to her on airy, feminine tones. It sounds vaguely familiar, tapping gently at her memories until her horned head turns around to see who greeted her with such gaiety. To her delight (and complete surprise), she sees the long-legged beauty from Single’s Night high-stepping across the field to her. A wide smiles stretches, unbidden, across her face, and she greets the Edge Mare by name as well. “Manon!” A loud whicker follows her hail as she moves to meet the sunlit beauty half-way. Perhaps it is the gentle rays of daylight that make her seem far more angelic now than she did before; more sophisticated girl-next-door than fiercely unattainable ethereal being.

“I’d say so,” replies Wessex, as her thick whip of a tail lazes back and forth. Lizard eyes settle on the little details of Manon’s appearance - the blue of her eyes and the twist of her hair - good god, how does she manage to her mane to do that? Maybe one day she’ll ask, but for now, “You look different in the daylight - I like it. What brings you up here?”

Good job, Wessex. Much more smooth this time around.  

W E S S E X

image credit

@Manon
so sorry this took awhile :/

Manon Posts: 37
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Space
[Image: 30kwumh.jpg]

Manon could not help but to arch her slender neck ever so slightly as she noticed Wessex's ochre gaze lingering on her angular face. She returned the favour, setting her long lashed eyes in a slow investigation of any changes since the eventful singles night. Some new scabbed scars had appeared, something Manon appraised with a slight raise of her elegant brow. She, herself, wasn't afraid of getting hurt per say, but she was quite vain and disliked the look of scarred skin on her own slim frame - but on Wessex it was a different story. Already the soldier was handsome, with her slick, sharp horns and muscular physique... but add a few scratches and scars, and she looked fearsome. A warrior-queen, seemingly uncaring about shallow things like scars and cuts. It was a surprisingly attractive look for Manon, who returned her eyes to Wessex's rough face with an extra gleam of interest.

Giving a charming smile at the compliment she was given, Manon replied breezily "I was enjoying the sunshine and the solitude, though I'm glad you came along - solitude turns out to be quite boring sometimes." A husky laugh crept from her throat as she turned the question around "And you? Tell me what you have been up to since Singles Night, I feel I didn't get to spend as much time with you as I would have liked.." she paused briefly, "Out of all those I spoke to, I must admit I found you quite... unforgettable." Manon flirted with ease, confident in her own attraction and intelligence, and comfortable in the presence of the Basin Corporal despite her fearsome appearance.

@Wessex No problem!! I haven't had much time to get online lately anyway xx

stock image
please tag Manon in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

Astor

Perhaps one day Wessex will be a warrior-queen: tall, proud, confident and bold in all her unusual, spiked glory. The type of woman whose quirks her subjects find endearing, and makes her enemies think twice about any tomfoolery. She would like to inspire devotion, admiration and fear all in the same breath. In short, she would endeavor to be like her mother, and as there are no other female idols that have come to replace the late, great Lagertha, Wessex must do with the childish, idealized version of the Warrior Queen. She need never know of her dam’s flaws. Ever.

This dance that she is doing with Manon is utterly unfamiliar. Stuck in a feeling that has nothing to do with her bulk, she feels clumsy, as if the beautiful woman might be secretly laughing at her for such obvious and infantile efforts. To what result? She does not know. Two mares cannot make a child, and even then does she want to be responsible for any more lives?

Ah, but Wessex’s brain is five steps ahead of her body. Call it anxiety, or something else. Nerves. The side effects of twitter-pated syndrome.

“It’s the horns, right?” Wessex jokingly quips back. “If you’d met me as a child, you’d probably look right past me – but these babies are my calling card now. I’ll consider them a success now that you’re talking to me.” This time, her words come with an ease and blatant flirting that she would not be able to manufacture around Tiamat. That bit of information is stored away for later analysis.   “I’m on a very leisurely patrol,” she responds, acknowledging the fact that she should be working, but this distraction is much more appealing. Her muscular shoulders roll, rippling beneath the tips of dragon ears and mottled fur. “Oh, this and that – fighting bears and fellow warriors, exploring… the usual.”

Is that the ‘usual?’ Hell, Wessex doesn’t know. She’s making everything up as she goes. “And you? Does the Edge keep you busy?” The thought occurs to the Corporal that she’d like to bring the pretty little thing back to the Basin to (no- not that, get your mind out of the gutter)  show her around, and request a reciprocating tour when the weather turns cold – when she would rather be anywhere but the ice-covered Basin.

W E S S E X

image credit

@Manon  How would you and @Neverrmind  feel about about W dropping in on her rendevous with Toulouse?