the Rift

[OPEN] I have promises to keep

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

- sometimes in the wind of change -

Lyanna is not left waiting long, and Tiamat is as warm and generous in her greeting here as she had been in the Threshold. “Tiamat, Nimue,” she says warmly, nodding to each in turn. She’s pretty sure companions can’t understand her exactly, but they always seem to get the gist she assumes through their bonded. But still, she can’t help but address them directly, particularly as Nimue offers her own nose bump in greeting.

“Ah, yes. I did indeed. Some of the common flora in the Edge that I hope can be of use to you. Some cedar leaves, ferns, and mosses.” She doesn’t actually know what the Basin has, so she is hoping these are things they could use and not things that also grow in abundance here. Because of course, part of why she is here is to learn of the Basin and what plants the Mender’s here rely on. “I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting healers outside the Basin, so I confess I am looking forward to it as well.”

They set off toward the greenhouse, and Lyanna’s heart does that familiar stutter at the thought of her friend. Hoping she was okay and happy in the Basin now. Before she can ask though, Tia is speaking again, telling Lyanna of her recent promotion to Lady. Lyanna’s smile widen, teal-eyes turning to the sea-painted mare with a sparkle of joy. They may not know each other well, but the mare seems like a fine leader. “Congratulations! That is wonderful for you. Though I am sure you still enjoy healing. Our own Queen, Alysanne, was a healer before. I still find her in the greenhouse often.”

They continue to walk, and then after a moment, Lyanna adds “I was also wondering if a friend of mine was here. Glasgow? She left the Edge for the Basin not so long ago.” Even if this is not a day where Lyanna gets to see her friend, it would be enough to know she was safe and happy. She cannot stand the thought of losing more of the precious few horses in her life.

Though they don’t get far before another joins them, introducing herself as Lena, one of the Basin’s Time Mender’s. Lyanna thinks she recalls the mare from the festival the Basin had held previously, but in truth, she’d met so many then she wasn’t entirely certain. “I’m Lyanna, one of the Moon Doctors in the Edge. I met Tiamat in the Threshold not long ago, and we made plans to exchange knowledge. And herbs,” she says with a grin, nodding to the bundle tucked behind her wing. She needed a better way to carry things, but it worked for now. “I’d love to pick your brain too, if you have time,” she says with a warm, slightly playful smile.

- we find our true direction -

lyanna

@Tiamat @Lena

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
I have promises to keep - by Lyanna - 03-03-2017, 08:52 PM
RE: I have promises to keep - by Tiamat - 03-04-2017, 08:02 PM
RE: I have promises to keep - by Lena - 03-05-2017, 01:36 PM
RE: I have promises to keep - by Lyanna - 03-07-2017, 07:23 PM
RE: I have promises to keep - by Mortuus Nox - 03-10-2017, 11:42 PM