the Rift

[OPEN] I have promises to keep

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

- sometimes in the wind of change -

“I appreciate you taking the time to humor me,” she says in return to Tiamat. It would have been easy to postpone a trip to the Basin, though Lyanna had so many reasons for coming. There was always something else to attend to in the Edge. In the same way, it would have been easy for Tiamat to beg forgiveness and send Lyanna home again. She was Lady after all now, and Lyanna knew just how trying a position that could be. Not that she’s ever ruled, but her mother did, and Lyanna stood by her side in court more often than she cared to think about. She wouldn’t blame Tia for being busy.

They switch to Aly, another good example of how busy a Queen can be. “I imagine the two of you would get along quite well. If you have time to visit the Edge ever, I will try to introduce you.” Alysanne rarely played the role of healer anymore, though she did escape to the greenhouse now and again.

But soon Lena joins them, and behind her, a black stallion. She smiles at the black stallion as he introduces himself as Nox. “We use a lot of ferns, in the Edge,” she says with a bit of a playful grin, picking the herb packet from behind her wings and laying it down on the ground. There was a collection of ferns in the bundle. “Much to the chagrin of the younger healers. They do look terribly alike.”

He offers information on Glasgow, or lack of information, as the case may be. She nods, trying to look appreciative, and not let her face fall. Just because two horses hadn’t come across her yet doesn’t mean she wasn’t here, or on her way. But the thought of losing a friend entirely, one of the few good friends she has, always weighs heavily on her heart. But then Lena is talking, saying I’ve seen her recently and the relief that washes over Lyanna is almost palatable. She smiles widens, and she nods at Lena in thanks. “I am glad to hear. If it would be okay, when we are done, could I stay a bit to find her?” She can’t help it, but she wants to check in.

“She finished the Edge’s greenhouse as well before leaving. Glasgow has a knack for flawless work.” She’d tell them they are lucky to have her, but she suspects they already know. Then Lena is inside the greenhouse, calling about what Lyanna wanted to learn. “Yes, actually. More generally, I just hoped to know what methods and herbs you rely on in the North. And more specifically, I have a friend who cannot talk. Well, sort of. She can make sounds, but they come out wrong. It’s possible it’s something only the Gods can heal, but I am curious if any of you have seen something similar? Or have any thoughts?”

So many promises. So many things to do. And along the way, new friends that she’s quickly coming to love. They are kind and generous and she’s a little envious of the group of healers the Basin has. Not, of course, that she has anything against Tilney and Sacre – they are wonderful Doctors. But she has never been close to the boys. Ah, how right Erthe was. Lyanna doesn’t seem to talk to stallions nearly enough. Maybe hanging out with Nox would help her with that problem.  

- we find our true direction -

lyanna

@Tiamat @Lena @Mortuus Nox

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
I have promises to keep - by Lyanna - 03-03-2017, 08:52 PM
RE: I have promises to keep - by Tiamat - 03-04-2017, 08:02 PM
RE: I have promises to keep - by Lena - 03-05-2017, 01:36 PM
RE: I have promises to keep - by Lyanna - 03-07-2017, 07:23 PM
RE: I have promises to keep - by Mortuus Nox - 03-10-2017, 11:42 PM