the Rift

[OPEN] I have promises to keep

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Her winged friend speaks, echoing the thoughts that Tiamat has about the Edge’s Queen—how similar they seem, how kindred in spirit, despite the two mares never having met before. Lyanna offers to introduce them, should the blue Lady ever find herself within the southwestern herd land. “I would enjoy that very much,” she says as her smile grows with genuine anticipation, having every intention in visiting the World’s Edge at some point in the near future. The duties of her new rank notwithstanding, it has always been an aspiration of the sea maiden to see all of the other herd lands.

Her pearly eyes sweep then to the Songbird when she speaks, enlightening them with information on Lyanna’s friend, Glasgow, revealing that the mare has not only made it to the north, but joined the ranks of their crafters. Tiamat grins with the news, not doubting that Lyanna is thrilled at hearing that her friend is safe. However, it is the next bit of information—the fact that it was Glasgow who had constructed their precious greenhouse—that makes the Ocean’s Light laugh blithely. “Oh wow! Was she? What a lovely coincidence,” she shakes her head with a tinkling of shells, marveling at the world’s dear ambiguities.

Tiamat’s eyes are still sparkling with mirth as she turns back to Lyanna, when the dark mare asks about lingering in the Basin after their meeting to find her old friend. The Lady’s response comes quickly and easily. “Of course! I’m sure she will be delighted to see you again,” her head tilts sympathetically, knowing well how it feels to go some time without seeing someone dear to your heart. To deny Lyanna this opportunity doesn’t even cross her mind.

Smiling tenderly between herself and her companion, the Ocean’s Light brushes the little orca’s back as Nimue floats past her, following the five-tailed fox when their little group makes their way into the greenhouse. Nox speaks first about their herbs, and she listens while she glances to Nimue, who has continued to trail after Imogen, chirping curiously as the kitsune wanders among the various plants and floras. Turning her eyes back to the scarred stallion and their winged visitor, Tiamat nods in concurrence to the Shaman’s words. “I’ve used rose-hips quite often myself, it is a beneficial herb to have around,” she pronounces with a small smile.

“Another one of my favorites around here is arnica—” flicking her leonine tail, Tiamat turns and exits the greenhouse, finding a plant that grows naturally just outside. Plucking a stem that has several leaves and a yellow flower on it between her teeth, she walks back inside, presenting the plant to Lyanna. “This is arnica! It will reduce inflammation and soothe pain for boils, bruises, rashes, sprains, aches, and other wounds—careful not to ingest it though. Unless you know what you’re doing, it’s only meant to be applied on the skin. This one can only be found in cooler climates, like the Basin or the Frostbreath Steppe—I’m not sure how cold it gets in the Edge, you might have seen it around?”

The ocean mare tilts her head and angles her dainty ears forward, interested in the fellow healer’s answer. She’s not exactly sure what grows in the Edge, or what the climate is like, never having been there herself. While there is an obvious difference between the plants in the Throat and the Basin, it is more difficult to say with the Edge’s closer position. “If not, I can get a few sprigs for you to take back with you,” she assures Lyanna anyway, more than happy to assist her new friend.

“Speech.”
the Ocean’s Light
we run like a river
runs to the sea

image | texture
@Lyanna @Lena @Mortuus Nox
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
I have promises to keep - by Lyanna - 03-03-2017, 08:52 PM
RE: I have promises to keep - by Tiamat - 03-04-2017, 08:02 PM
RE: I have promises to keep - by Lena - 03-05-2017, 01:36 PM