the Rift

[OPEN] Undressing The Blessings

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Helovia, the word hummed through her mind, as her slender limbs took her across the terrain. There was no hurry to her motions now, no desperation to get somewhere - she was here now, Dramyrth was not ill anymore (quite the opposite), she could return to her curious habit of simply exploring the lands that were Helovia.

The fact that she might never see her father or sister again weighed upon her mind, but at the same time, nothing was stopping them from coming to Helovia themselves. She was glad that they at least got to meet Dramyrth, and learn that death had taken Mirage at long last. She wondered if they cared, if they desired enough to ever visit her and Tandavi here - but then it she shoved those thoughts aside, for if she focussed too long on them she would only fill her mind with the negative notions that always danced just beneath the surface of her insecure, fragile hold on the present moment.

To help her focus on the moment, she called to an old friend - a dark little black soul-light, summoned by her magic, appeared suddenly. Dramyrth grumbled at its presence, but accepted that his bonded still enjoyed her little pseudo-bonds despite them being a pale misrepresentation of the true bond they shared. They are friends, Amaris insisted as the black soul danced between them. I could use some friends - so could you, she teased to the golden king, who huffed an icy breath at the black shadowy soul who kept trailing him.

So the pale steed with fairy wings adorning his shoulders was not the only one talking to voices within his head, for Amaris now had her bonded's grumbles and the spirit from the otherland's thoughts mixing with her own - it was what she needed, for in all the 'noise' and chaos stirred up by their presences, she was able to simply enjoy the moment, and not get caught up on things she could not change, that had passed. When her eyes alighted upon the teal and grey steed, she paused her steps and alerted the dragons she roamed with a quick mental nudge (though Dramyrth merely huffed and informed her in a bored tone that he already knew about a stallion being in the path ahead he just couldn't tell Amaris sooner because of their 'guest'). Suppressing the urge to roll her eyes at her bonded, the dragonmare merely smiled, before lowering her head slightly (an old, ingrained habit so as to appear less threatening, given she was half-dragon and all) and uttering a gentle call of greeting.

"Hello?" she murmured, wondering if she would be fortunate enough today to not scare someone away purely because of her appearance - time, as always, would tell.
Daniel Schiersner @ flickr & larfsalot @ deviantart

@Quentin
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Undressing The Blessings - by Quentin - 03-05-2017, 12:55 AM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Amaris - 03-16-2017, 07:54 AM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Maude - 03-16-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Quentin - 03-18-2017, 04:47 PM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Amaris - 03-20-2017, 09:17 PM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Maude - 03-22-2017, 09:51 AM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Quentin - 03-29-2017, 09:45 PM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Amaris - 03-31-2017, 11:55 PM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Maude - 04-12-2017, 11:39 AM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Quentin - 04-30-2017, 02:03 PM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Amaris - 05-01-2017, 05:54 AM