alight in the trees,
balance on blooms,
they flutter and zoom!

So alike are we three,
well, except for me,
who cannot fly or flit:
I’ve no wings to do it!
"

Playfully alternating from a canter to a trot, and occasionally bucking out for the sensation of her muscles pulling taught, the yearling revels in the warmth of the day, and the radiance of the Sun above. Adorned in her new gifts, given to her the prior week for her birthday, the sensation of the soft cloth of her cloak against her back as it flutters with her motions makes her feel almost as if she has wings, anyway; the thought occasionally sends her bolting forward at high speeds, before she leaps upwards and out, as if the wind might carry her onwards.

Her song resounds out over the clearing, blending with sound of birds and the rustle of grass and thistle against her body, and those fleeing the obviously approaching child. Her fearlessness is akin to foolishness, but it is endearing all the same, the youth is too enraptured by the formation of her flippant song to notice the others before she is almost upon them.

Thus, the third verse of her song is cut short, the first line not even reaching completion.

"But unlike me… Oh, whoa!" prancing to a stop, her citrine eyes widen in delight and shock at the absolutely wondrous sight before her. A fairy (even though he was much larger than she’d expect a fairy to be)! A real life fairy! And a dragon woman?! This summer freaking rules! With her gaze moving rapidly between them both, the cheerful, vivacious daughter of Arah and Tilney smiles her best smile, trying her best to keep her giddy giggles restrained behind politeness. All she really wants to do, though, is touch Quentin’s wings with her nose, and see if Amaris can breathe an element, like other dragons can. "Hello! I’m Maude! Who are you guys?"

[ OOC: Don't mind her. She's just founding a fan club over here. xD ]

how to be brave
how to love when I'm afraid

Image by Araxel@DA
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Messages In This Thread
Undressing The Blessings - by Quentin - 03-05-2017, 12:55 AM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Amaris - 03-16-2017, 07:54 AM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Maude - 03-16-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Quentin - 03-18-2017, 04:47 PM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Amaris - 03-20-2017, 09:17 PM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Maude - 03-22-2017, 09:51 AM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Quentin - 03-29-2017, 09:45 PM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Amaris - 03-31-2017, 11:55 PM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Maude - 04-12-2017, 11:39 AM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Quentin - 04-30-2017, 02:03 PM
RE: Undressing The Blessings - by Amaris - 05-01-2017, 05:54 AM