the Rift

[PRIVATE] burn everything you love then burn the ashes

Vezér Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 17hh :: One year
Pare
He stands stock still as she raced towards him. Her scarlet eyes flashed with fear as thoughts of him dying ran through her mind. His dragon's screeched the joy her own heart screamed. His deep voice draws a dry sob from her throat. The second their skin touches her heart lightens and the fear lessens. She buries her face against his side breathing in his scent forcing the worrisome smells out of her mind; blood, brains, and unbridled rage. A shiver ran down her spine as she looked up at him.

Her head bobs against his massive side as his words fill her. "I am well Apa, it's alright. I'm here now and I love you" Her voice was a gentle coo as she tried to sooth his frayed nerves. She could only imagine the torment her twisted mother had bestowed upon him. The girl was all to familiar with how wicked the mare had really been.'I mean what mother beats her child, then pretends to kill her?!'

Volterra pulls away and glances at the corpse. Dark ears prick to catch the reason behind the killing. White tassels swish behind her small frame thoughtfully. "She didn't know I left..." Scarlet eyes switch to watch her father. "Maybe she really wanted to kill me Apa..." With those words she is glad the mare is dead. Anger boils under her hide as she glares at the corpse before looking back at her father.

Her days of fear and pain were over; gone was the time of hiding and avoiding. Now she could walk the Throat freely without a concern in the world. A great weight lifted from her shoulders with the death of her dam. A soft sigh escaped her tender muzzle. Her gaze settled back on the Indomitable and she wondered what he was feeling. The filly couldn't imagine her life without him, much less how he felt without her. Swallowing she looked up at the dragon's crying happily above.

Dark words, words she would have never spoken, rolled from his lips. Silver speckled eyes bulged and her mouth worked uselessly. How could she tell him the truth? How could she potentially break his heart? Tears blurred her vision but the filly refused to allow them to fall. Taking a deep breath the girl tried to meet her father's gaze, "She didn't lie Apa. I never wanted you to find out... I was handling it on my own." She swallowed hard, praying he wouldn't be angry that she had hidden that fact from him. He was so busy with the herd and his own life. The splashed filly didn't blame him, not even a little. The only one that should carry blame was dead. A snort ripped from her lunges as she glared at the body for a moment before she turned back to her father. "Please Apa, don't blame yourself, just her. She was the only one in the wrong. There wasn't anything we could have done, besides what you just did."

Talk
Words;; 502
OOC/Tags;; @Volterra
vezér&volterra
‎"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes.... chaos. We're agents of chaos...”

image | coding
Please tag
Doesn't have her collar

Messages In This Thread
RE: burn everything you love then burn the ashes - by Vezér - 03-08-2017, 05:03 AM