the Rift

[PRIVATE] burn everything you love then burn the ashes

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
For a man who prides himself on his strength, Volterra feels remarkably shaken as he looks upon the precious visage of his daughter. It is a dream come true when he sets eyes on her, realises that she's alive and well and can grow to fulfill all the plans he has for her. As the girl explains what happened, it becomes apparent that Airlia wasn't lying - she genuinely had thought that she'd killed her daughter. That only proves the sheer psychosis of the woman and somewhat lessens the warlord's regret, but there's still a hint of it in the back of his mind - should he have done what he did? Or did that only lower himself to her level?

The titan has always taken a certain pride in the act of taking a life. For a creature like Volterra for whom power is paramount, the utter domination of killing someone is....exquisite. Remarkable. Yet he'd always imagined his next kill to be in a similar vein to that of his battle with Gashad, two opponents going blow to blow with their lives as the prize. His attacking of Airlia had been a slaughter. She'd seemed as content with her death as he was, and that takes away some of the glory of it. It also makes him wonder even more if he should have done it at all, but he quickly reassures himself that yes, he should. She beat and abused his precious daughter, thought she'd killed her - for that, she deserved to die.

There's guilt about him even feeling the regret in the first place, because she still murdered a child. But he tries to force these thoughts aside and focus fully on Vezér.

The tears fleeing her eyes ensure that he knows the answer to his question before she says anything, and the notion makes his gut clench with hatred. How could that woman have done such a thing? To her own daughter, her flesh and blood? "I'm so sorry, Vezér. I should have noticed. I should have stopped it sooner." What sort of negligent father fails to notice such a thing? He'd always put her injuries down to the bumps and bruises of childhood. When she reveals why she didn't tell him, the guilt pervades him further. "You should never have to handle this sort of thing on your own. I am your father, and this is what I'm here for. Whenever you need someone's ass kicked, I'm here." He forces a smile, although it's watery and weak. "I will always protect you, my little queen. Swear to me that if anybody ever hurts you again, you'll tell me. So I can break them into pieces and bring you their head as an apology." Another smile, this one fierce, his eyes blazing. He is the sire, and his progeny are not to be trifled with else the perpetrator risks the unbridled fury of the Indomitable.

"Here." From his mane he untangles a small dragon skull totem, given to him by the tree. He seeks to tuck this into his daughter's own mane, nestling it amongst the strands. "So you always have a part of me with you to watch over you, and to remind you that I will destroy any that lay their hands on you."

vezér&volterra

image | coding

Vol is giving this to her:

:: [ Item: Trinket | A small dragon skull totem. ]

@Vezer

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: burn everything you love then burn the ashes - by Volterra - 03-10-2017, 03:16 PM