the Rift

[PRIVATE] SN: from the deep sea of clouds

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
The blue mare can only shake her head with a small smile, a twinkle in her eye when she glances to the draft stallion to show that while she may not agree with his tactics, she does not fault him for them (he is far from alone, after all). If nothing else, then she is pleased for him to know that his sparring hadn’t stemmed from an ornery woman’s outburst, heated words, or unwanted advances. At least he has been enjoying himself, right? Tiamat purses her lips while she thinks on this, silently amused by these bizarre reasonings.

However, when Volterra redirects their conversation and offers to enlighten her about the strategies of fighting, Tiamat suddenly finds herself stumbling. “Oh—I don’t think so, no, thank you,” the blue Lady nearly blanches, her head lowering and her ears splaying to side in embarrassment, with her entire demeanor bowing inwards as she shrinks away from the thought. “Battle isn’t for me—I’m more for the peaceful route. I don’t understand the allure of violence or...whatever it is about it that makes you feel manly,” she laughs awkwardly, one side of her lips curling up into a humored grin.

“Please, let me help you though,” the sea maiden leans a step forward, her countenance slowly relaxing again as she shakes off the sudden chill of Volterra’s offer. Turning her head to sift through the herbs braided into her hair, she picks out two different herbs and places them gingerly on the ground, making sure they are illuminated by enough firelight.

Glancing up to the stallion, her smile deepens. “Watch and learn—I think you’ll need this more than once in the future,” she chuckles as she motions to the herb on the right, a long stem with leaves and little white flowers on top. “This is yarrow, it helps encourage the clotting of blood, and is a natural antibacterial, meaning it will also fight infection. It’s a hardy little plant, so you’ll be able to find it just about anywhere in Helovia,” using the leaves, she crunches them up before moving on. The second herb is a long stem with leaves as well, but with a single, larger yellow flower on top. “This is arnica, it will reduce inflammation and soothe pain—careful not to ingest it though. Unless you know what you’re doing, it’s only meant to be applied on the skin. This one can only be found in cooler climates, like the Basin or parts of the Edge, or the Frostbreath Steppe. Perhaps your healers can keep a stash of it in a greenhouse?” She gives him a glance with sparkling eyes before she does the same thing she did to the yarrow leaves, crunching them up.

Mixing the two herbs together, she uses her magic to gather some moisture from the surrounding grass, ultimately blending it all together to make a nice, moist salve. Using her muzzle, she reaches forward to spread the ointment on the large gash across Volterra’s shoulder, making sure to cover it entirely, using a gentle touch as she does so. Rubbing the residue off on her foreleg, Tiamat smiles at her handiwork. “There,” she says to the stallion, pleased.

notes; I'm sorry I know I went way over the word limit :3 I just got excited XD
“Speech.”
the Ocean’s Light
in the dark I will shine to guide you

image credits
@Volterra
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
SN: from the deep sea of clouds - by Tiamat - 03-07-2017, 12:59 AM
RE: SN: from the deep sea of clouds - by Volterra - 03-07-2017, 03:30 PM
RE: SN: from the deep sea of clouds - by Tiamat - 03-08-2017, 10:21 PM