the Rift

[PRIVATE] SN: from the deep sea of clouds

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

His words seem to cause even more pain than he'd expected, and shame burns through him like fire. Volterra is not a good man, and he's not the sort to mince his words when he has an opinion on something, however needlessly hurting a perfectly nice woman is not something to be proud of. It's obvious that Tiamat cared deeply about Deimos, and the beast feels himself grow guiltier and guiltier as he looks at her.

Tentatively he reaches out his muzzle, trying to touch it gently to her shoulder. Unusually, there's nothing sexual about the touch - although there could very easily be, as she is very attractive - as it's entirely aimed to comfort, to console. Volterra has always valued touch as a means of communication, especially given the fact he's not the most eloquent of stallions. After a brief touch of her shoulder, if allowed, the warlord will withdraw his muzzle as though nothing has happened, because to him it's a perfectly simple and far more meaningful way of offering an apology.

She shakes off her malaise and asks him to tell her more about the Throat. He isn't sure how much to give away, because he does not wish to compromise the safety of his people, but a few tibits can't hurt. He smiles wryly, keen to extol the virtues of his home but equally keen to remember its flaws. "It's...hot," he says with a wrinkling of his nose. "Tallsun in the Throat is wearing on the stamina of even the most hardy of warriors, as it is relentless with its heat. The land is beautiful, however, and I would not trade it for the world." There's a fondness in his eyes now, as though describing a favoured child. "There is a rich history within the Throat, not least the fact that it was once ruled by the finest warlord Helovia has ever seen...aside from myself, of course." He snorts somewhat arrogantly, because whilst the words are meant as a joke there's also some obvious truth in them. "The mantle of Sultan is not one that I take lightly, as I know my predecessors will take some living up to." That's putting it lightly.

A tilt of his head, his white face open and interested. "And the Basin?"

IF IT FEELS GOOD, TASTES GOOD, IT MUST BE MINE
HEROES ALWAYS GET REMEMBERED BUT YOU KNOW LEGENDS NEVER DIE
image: chan <3

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
SN: from the deep sea of clouds - by Tiamat - 03-07-2017, 12:59 AM
RE: SN: from the deep sea of clouds - by Volterra - 03-07-2017, 03:30 PM
RE: SN: from the deep sea of clouds - by Tiamat - 03-08-2017, 10:21 PM
RE: SN: from the deep sea of clouds - by Volterra - 03-10-2017, 04:16 PM
RE: SN: from the deep sea of clouds - by Tiamat - 03-14-2017, 04:36 PM
RE: SN: from the deep sea of clouds - by Volterra - 03-16-2017, 04:05 PM
RE: SN: from the deep sea of clouds - by Tiamat - 03-26-2017, 06:13 AM
RE: SN: from the deep sea of clouds - by Volterra - 03-26-2017, 10:12 AM
RE: SN: from the deep sea of clouds - by Tiamat - 03-29-2017, 03:17 AM
RE: SN: from the deep sea of clouds - by Volterra - 04-02-2017, 07:56 AM