the Rift

[OPEN] Once upon a time [questing]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

I NEVER FEAR DEATH OR DYING, I ONLY FEAR NEVER TRYING
I AM WHATEVER I AM, ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME NOW

The ah isn't quite what he was expecting, but he does not react to it. The following remark - that it must keep him quite busy - brings a nod of agreement. His youthful dreams about leadership hasn't prepared him for cold hard the reality of it. It's not all valiant battlefield trips, destroying invading predators and drinking his fill of every mare that crosses his path. It's hard work, often boring, rarely glorious. He loves it, and thinks he will grow into the role as he ages and gains experience, but he would rather like to dart back in time and forewarn his younger self that it isn't the cakewalk he'd thought it would be.

I was wondering if I might borrow some of your fire. He glances towards the stick clutched in Hubris' mouth, his brow twisting in puzzlement. Embarrassingly, he doesn't know a great deal about the diviner's fire. The resident Diviner Maren isn't around much, and during his Gladiator days he hadn't really had reason to get to know that particular role. This strikes him now as willful neglect on his part, but he tries to keep this indecision out of his face as he nods sagely as though he totally knows what the purpose of the fire is. "Ah." He echoes her words without even meaning to, distracted as he is by staring at the fire and vowing to himself that he'll not rest until he knows everything about it.

Personally, he doesn't see why she can't take some of it. Surely the fire isn't sentient, and even if it is, he's sure the Sun God would understand his brother's daughter taking some of it for a quest. But then there's the nagging worry that letting Isopia take a piece of fire might be akin to letting her trot up and piss on the Sun God's shrine, an inadvertant act of sacrilege that will result in angry fireballs falling from the sky.

But he forces this indecision aside. A Sultan cannot dwell on his decisions too long, cannot pretend to be anything but utterly assured in his answer. "I don't see why not." The beast looks between Isopia and the fire, convincing himself that the Mountain would not ask something of him that is truly scandalous.

image credits

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
Once upon a time [questing] - by Isopia - 03-10-2017, 10:20 AM
RE: Once upon a time [questing] - by Volterra - 03-11-2017, 04:45 PM
RE: Once upon a time [questing] - by Isopia - 03-13-2017, 09:42 AM
RE: Once upon a time [questing] - by Volterra - 03-14-2017, 03:15 PM
RE: Once upon a time [questing] - by Isopia - 03-16-2017, 12:50 PM
RE: Once upon a time [questing] - by Volterra - 03-20-2017, 11:47 AM
RE: Once upon a time [questing] - by Isopia - 03-20-2017, 01:50 PM
RE: Once upon a time [questing] - by Volterra - 03-21-2017, 03:27 PM
RE: Once upon a time [questing] - by Isopia - 04-05-2017, 01:12 PM
RE: Once upon a time [questing] - by Volterra - 04-06-2017, 03:10 PM