the Rift

raise atlantis

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

M A R E N

- By the precepts of her purity -

A lot like the weather, there were other things now, too, that seemed to change with the seasons as they turned. Not having missed a meeting in years, it was quite apparent that they were being called by another mare, another stallion. The winds blowing in the Throat could't make up its mind. Perhaps, in a way, it was caused by the hue of Kaos, overcasting their land like a roundabout shadow. Perhaps it truly was by the ruling of their God... or them, mortals; just managing to flicker like candlelight. That was how she experienced it. But with every change in their ranks, the contrast between those changes faded. Even when Ampere was called out as the new Sultana -- unlike when Maren came to the Dragon's Throat, many years ago, in her eyes it wasn't so different anymore. Maybe it was the age talking, time spend baking in the heat, maybe plain lack of insight in their political matters. But then... she had been looking down from her Diviner's chair for so long without blinking. She liked to think that she wasn't an idiot, and like with looking straight into the sun for too long, as much as she had wanted to reach the beyond, perhaps she had been blinding herself instead; causing all lines to feather into each other and blur. Was losing grip on the whole herd rank thing and perhaps more than that.

She wasn't sure what that meant, but at that moment Ampere called her name and she found herself nodding in acknowledgement of being a mediator. It was a nice word, though vague. It made the waters of her mind feel quite restless.

"Visitors who approach the herd are to be treated with caution, but not outright hostility unless they display it first - Otherwise, remain civil." She didn't remember Gaucho's reign as particularly racist, just straightforward and protective. She nodded along, appreciative of the notion, under the impression that she was perfectly civil (if anything; to the point) at all times. Then again, Maren's politeness only reached as far as her wings could stretch -- and maybe her eyes could see, figuratively (which we just decided wasn't.

"Congratulations Ampere and everyone else with their new positions. I do have some points I wish to discuss, too. Before Aithniel left she told me about the need for re-stabilizing our coasts. Ever since the landbridge was formed they have been slowly eroding. I think it would be wise for the crafters to investigate this matter further, and ask the God of the Sun for his guidance." She looked around for Cera, realizing she had no idea anymore who else it was that forged their metals these days. She remembered being one of the few protesting the demolishing of the landbridge, many years ago. Despite her first protests, it had been how the woman-captain that she had found herself being these days was born. It made it so that she couldn't look back to it with as much bitterness as it perhaps deserved. Then again, if Volterra truly believed in equality, maybe it was time to build a new bridge. It isn't quite a temple, though, such projects didn't need her meddling. Not this time. "Secondly, a stallion named Toulouse tried to infiltrate our land a few seasons ago. I do not know what his intentions were, besides deceiving me, but perhaps it would be good to learn more about this stallion and his ulterior motives. I personally do not particularly like him... " she muttered quite bitterly before getting to the point. "But -- objectively, of course," she scraped her throat. "-- I would like to advice the Sultan and Sultana to think about marking his presence as... undesirable nonetheless. He wears himself elegantly, is light colored and seems to wear quite the fashionable, green scarves." It was a rather short description. If they would want it so, she would clarify further later. "I'm not an artisan or informant, but feel free to approach me if you wish to know more about either of these things."

This is for talking
by yewrezz

Sorry for the lack of ... reaction? >>
Mentions and talks to @Ampere @Volterra about Aith's plan to re-stabilize the throat coast and Toulouse's attempt to infiltrate a few seasons ago
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
raise atlantis - by Volterra - 03-14-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: raise atlantis - by Ampere - 03-15-2017, 02:03 AM
RE: raise atlantis - by Vitani - 03-15-2017, 02:38 AM
RE: raise atlantis - by Sunjata - 03-15-2017, 02:47 AM
RE: raise atlantis - by Saoirse - 03-15-2017, 04:01 AM
RE: raise atlantis - by Syrena - 03-15-2017, 09:40 AM
RE: raise atlantis - by Farah - 03-15-2017, 04:29 PM
RE: raise atlantis - by Astarot - 03-15-2017, 05:46 PM
RE: raise atlantis - by Ilios - 03-16-2017, 01:58 AM
RE: raise atlantis - by Melita - 03-16-2017, 05:17 PM