the Rift

[OPEN] Mistakes Were Made

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

I'm stronger than I look, is the mare's assertion. A small, humourless smile plays at the corners of the goliath's lips. "I don't doubt it." Yet that doesn't mean that she is invincible - Volterra is strength incarnate, but even he has no doubts about his own mortality.

Before he can point this out, the mare's kitsune offers amulets to her daughter, and Volterra almost feels like he's intruding. The filly's egg begins to shake and hatch and the titan takes a step backwards, preparing to leave the mother and her child to discuss bonding alone, yet something stops him. He watches the egg hatch with interest, eyeballing the pup that tumbles from it - it isn't a dragon, but it could be worse. What do I do? With a resigned sigh, the stallion stays where he is. "You need to feed it. It's a carnivore of some sort, so it'll need meat." He sends out a mental question to his dragons, and they both respond with a firm no. They're not offering their kills to some hatchling of a brat that doesn't even belong to their bonded, and no amount of commands from Volterra will change their stubborn minds.

He growls irritably, summoning his magic. A wolf-golem erupts from the ground beside him, its stone body criss-crossed with veins of lava, and it disappears into the forest with a series of heavy thuds. It returns a few moments later with a dead rat clasped in its rocky jaws, which it throws at the pup before crumbling into dust. The beast glances between the filly and the pup, telling her with his gaze that the hatchling needs to eat the gift that has been offered to it. The dragons growl their disgust; they had to hunt for their own first meals, none of this gift nonsense.

Then, he looks back to the mare. Why does she look so familiar? "Who are you?" he growls, not bothering to beat around the bush.

DEAD I AM THE DOG, HOUND OF HELL YOU CRY
DEVIL ON YOUR BACK, I CAN NEVER DIE
image credits: one | two | three

@Merida

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
Mistakes Were Made - by Merida - 03-12-2017, 05:04 PM
RE: Mistakes Were Made - by Sansa - 03-12-2017, 05:34 PM
RE: Mistakes Were Made - by Volterra - 03-13-2017, 02:54 PM
RE: Mistakes Were Made - by Merida - 03-16-2017, 03:42 PM
RE: Mistakes Were Made - by Sansa - 04-07-2017, 02:57 AM
RE: Mistakes Were Made - by Volterra - 04-08-2017, 07:03 AM
RE: Mistakes Were Made - by Merida - 04-10-2017, 05:10 AM
RE: Mistakes Were Made - by Sansa - 04-30-2017, 02:17 AM
RE: Mistakes Were Made - by Volterra - 05-01-2017, 11:09 AM
RE: Mistakes Were Made - by Merida - 05-18-2017, 05:59 PM