the Rift

[OPEN] between the bars [hatching]

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

The young healer was coming home, herself, rather than leaving it, her pearl ended pull-string pouch chock full of various leaves and petals. Having chosen the most fragrant she could find, Maude had spent most of the morning wandering further and further away from the Edge, smelling various plants, before clipping the leaves and putting them in her pouch. Though she certainly planned on properly drying them later, it would do for now, and, filled with satisfaction for having completed her tasks in such a timely manner, the girl is in (as always) high spirits as she makes her way through the willow grove.

It is common for the girl to come to the pool at the heart of this place, some part of her heart tied to it in a way she can’t understand, but doesn’t fight, either. Perhaps it is the perfect serenity of the still surface, and the gentle sway of the willow branches, but, aside from the Edge, there is no where else Maude would rather take her respite at.

When she arrives, throat parched with thirst, she is surprised to find Mister Sacre and another younger filly here already. Most of the time, she’d fortunately (how fortunate, Maude was too naïve to understand) been alone when she came upon the pond. The sight of others was both welcome and unwelcome, mostly because the girl had yet to have been forced to share her peaceful haven with anyone else. Quickly quenching her thirst, she makes her way over to them, anyway, especially because she really likes Doctor Sacre. He’s awkward, but also quite charming, and rather handsome.

Just don’t tell her daddy she thinks so!

It’s not until she gets closer that she figures out what they’re looking at. She has no clue what it is, really, but its awfully cool looking. It also seems to be moving, which disallows the normally quite courteous filly to tear her eyes away from the object when she greets the others (though she does bob her head and bend one of her knees slightly in greeting; she’s a gentlewoman, after all!).

Hello, Mister Sacre,” she cheerfully intones to her newest mentor, finally managing to look away from the egg for a split second to glance and smile at the other filly, “I’m Maude. I don’t think we’ve met before!

What is it, Doctor?” she asks next, her pale green eyes broad with curiosity as she quickly looks up at the black unicorn for his answer.

[ OOC: Hope you don't mind. <3 Maude hasn't ever seen a companion hatch before and she's all about making new friends. ]

If you’re tossing & you’re turning,
& you just can’t fall asleep,
I’ll sing a song beside you. and if you ever forget
how much you really mean to me, every day,
I will remind you.

Art by neverrmind @ DA
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Messages In This Thread
between the bars [hatching] - by Letha - 03-13-2017, 01:49 PM
RE: between the bars [hatching] - by Sacre - 03-15-2017, 06:20 PM
RE: between the bars [hatching] - by Maude - 03-16-2017, 10:09 AM
RE: between the bars [hatching] - by Alysanne - 03-16-2017, 01:37 PM
RE: between the bars [hatching] - by Letha - 04-09-2017, 09:56 AM