the Rift

[OPEN] What do you want to do?

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra

She could say the same for Vezer. Pretty, though in a strange way. The spiderweb markings are rather abnormal, even by Helovia’s standards. Though the girl is more normal than Syrena, of course. Most everyone is here, still more horse than anything else, despite the colors and mutations and all manner of magic. Thea is pleased at the attention, and she flicks those ridiculous overlarge ears about, before deciding to leave the equines to it. She slips off, not going far, but contenting herself with playing in the sand dunes nearby.

It looks innocent enough, like Thea is in fact behaving. But in truth, she’s still being an attention whore, just from afar. Bounding about in the sand, drawing the eye to her now and again as the leaping little fox comes into her periphery vision. Syrena would have to agree with Vezer though, it’s not inherently a bad thing. Yes, Syrena teases Thea for it, gripes about it outwardly. But she’s thankful for the distraction Thea provides, always able to smooth over Syrena’s far more awkward social encounters.

They are interrupted before Syrena can answer the girl’s question though, the new filly exuberant and loud. Once, Syrena would have minded those antics far more than she does now. Somewhere along the line, her heart softened, and she found that she didn’t mind children in the way she might have expected. There are a thousand questions hanging in the air now though, and so she tackles them one by one.

“I don’t know what Thea is,” she admits to Vezer, still uncertain what Thea actually is, and wishing Thea just had the words to tell her. “I heard there are others like her here though, so hopefully I can find out.” It still feels ridiculous that she doesn’t even know what her own companion is, but she doesn’t. Thea is just a little bit of everything, though Syrena has noticed that the creature seems to return to the same four forms more than any others.

Then she turns her attention to Melita and Vezer both. "Kelpie’s are shape shifting water spirits, though they often take the form of a horse. Siren’s are magical temptresses that live by the sea and lure travelers off course. They don’t fly, however.” She stops there, not wanting to go into more detail with two children. Truthfully, she is somewhat afraid of the reaction she might get if they know the whole truth, that Syrena once kept herself immortal by killing those travelers she lured to their death. That power is long gone. That version of her is long gone. At this point, she had to let it go.

“Not everyone has magic,” she says, trying to answer Melita’s other questions. “And everyone’s magic is different. You can earn magic here, often as gifts from strange creatures and strange events. I can also make water plants grow,” she says, and as she says it, all around them the plants begin to extend themselves, growing longer and longer, waving in the soft current created by the three horses in the water. It’s not an exciting skill, but it’s all she has left.

les words "chat chat"

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits

@Vezér @Melita

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
What do you want to do? - by Syrena - 03-13-2017, 02:41 PM
RE: What do you want to do? - by Vezér - 03-14-2017, 02:26 AM
RE: What do you want to do? - by Melita - 03-14-2017, 06:35 PM