the Rift

Unseasoned Life [Open! Ktulu, Ophelia]

Soren Posts: 47
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 h :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
S o r e n

A dark, charcoal form moved through the deepened snow of the meadow. Only a few days old in this new and strange world, the colt had already decided to wander off on his own, though at least one of his parents was likely nearby. His curiosity had gotten the best of him, drawing him from the cover of the Deep Forest and West into this open field. The white powder laid much thicker over the ground here, and every so often the little dappled boy would stumble, his tiny fluff of tail clumping with balls of snow. The strength he would possess as a stallion was not apparent to the inattentive eye, but the fact that he was already off on his own was indication enough.

Icy orbs scanned the pale expanse in search of more new sights. A faint, rustling, bubbling sound seemed to be coming from somewhere near. After pausing the look for the source of the noise, Soren trotted off through the snow, his barred legs raising up high to move along effectively. His determined steps had a rythm of their own, punctuated by the occasional stumbled. He had fallen quite a few times on his exploration already, but grew more coordinated with every step. His little march almost led him right into the meandering, ice coated stream. With a widened gaze, he stumbled back and let out a surprised squeal. He had never seen water before, though he was aware that liquid was just as cold as the rest of the land now. Gingerly, tiny hooves edged to the water's bank, and he let his little onyx muzzle lower to touch an exposed circle of frigid water within the lattice of ice.

Yol Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Yol was little older than a colt himself, barely over a year old, but already fairly mature. That certainly didn't mean he did not love the games of a foal, nor meeting with other colts and fillies. In fact, he was overly-eager to. As a child, he had been stripped with playful games, having fun, and not being serious. He had skipped a large chunk of his childhood, and he was excited to relive it.

When he had originally gone flying from the Spectral Marsh, he hadn't expected in the least to run into another foal. He landed awkwardly, wings beating to keep his huge body from tipping over clumsily. Even for his age, he was large, nearly 14.1 right now, although he was expected to reach 16.3.

"Hello!" Yol called cheerfully, scraggly dark gray tail whisking his flanks. He trotted over, pleased to find another colt. The little thing was attempting to drink from ice water. "Y'know, that's going to be really cold."

Adoptable
S o r e n

Soren was almost nosing the tip of the frosty stream water when another foreign, rustling sound caught his attention. It was airy, like the wind blowing through the trees in the forest when he was born. And then, there was a smell a little bit like father permeating the air, though it was clearly not his sire. Still facing the water's edge, he turned his ebon locked neck to look at the stranger approaching. It wasn't a bird, but it flew just the same! Widened blue eyes were trained on the silver pegasi's landing as he wondered why it had such appendages and not a horn on it's head. Mother didn't have a horn either, but the colt had just assumed that she must have lost hers somehow, since he and father both had them. Soon the winged thing was coming closer, and the curious dappled foal turned his whole lanky body to face him with an awestruck smile.

"Hi! Why do you have those things on your back? And what happened to your horn?" He spoke, his young voice void of any fear and full of intrigue. Fortunately, he had picked up some language from his parents in his early days, and speaking was coming quite naturally to him. He had not yet learned what fear was, and so he gazed up at the grey unabashed. Soren almost didn't process the stranger's comment about the water in all the excitement of his entrace. After a few more moments of uninterrupted staring, he turned his sights back to the creek-bed. "It's like the snow! But different."

Unregistered
The gray yearling ruffles his dark wings, surprised in a funny kind of way by the youngling's fearless response. It wasn't really a surprise- the dark colt was clearly a newborn, but still! Yol chuckled, fluffing up his wings as the curious little guy zones in on the clear water.

"I never had a horn! I have these things, called wings, on my back so I can fly! I'm Yol. What's your name?" Yol replies cheerfully, stepping closer to the darker boy. The Percheron drops his head, looking at the water giggling down its bed, watches it as it bubbles and froths and narrowly avoids the ice-rimmed edges. Struck by childish curiousity, Yol dipped his muzzle in, only to sputter and yank his head up. Ice rimmed his whiskers, glistened in delicate white beads on his dark snout.

It was, however, Yol's first winter, so you had to forgive him.

Yol glanced around the little meadow, eyes bright, taking in the delightful snow. He had never known of snow. He called it 'cold-white-fluff'.

Adoptable
S o r e n

Soren had heard the word snow mentioned, and quickly his growing mind began to attribute it to the white cold all over the land. It was an easy word to roll off his tongue, though he didn't think it was quite big enough to describe all of the ivory power on the earth. The stream did not have any snow on it, though. Instead, it had a layer of cold, hard, clear substance above the liquid water. The world certainly was a confusing place.

The older colt answered his question, and the small black dun turned his attention back to him. He never had a horn? Soren's little brow wrinkled at the thought. What other types were out there, besides ones with wings? Still, Yol's wings did look a lot more useful than his horn, and so Soren figured the grey must be lucky to have them. He still had many questions to ask the flyer, but he thought it would be better to answer Yol's first. "I'm Soren. Paladin is my father and Soleil is my mother." He spoke, not knowing whether or not the other boy would know who his parents were. He quickly continued, voicing the other questions he had. "Where did you come from, Yol? What is it like to fly? Do you ever fall down?" He asked, concern plastered over his features as he wondered how frightening it must be to fall down so far. Blue eyes watched as the pale Yol stuck his muzzle out to touch the stream. The ebony foal could only laugh as the pegasus found out the hard way that it really was cold.

Unregistered
Yol shuffled his wings, slightly abashed, at the colt's wrinkled brow and confusion at the yearling's answer. "Hello Soren. I come from the Dragon's Throat, this big desert all filled with white snow and big blue skies to fly in." Yol cleared his throat, content to yap on about himself. "And I fall down all the time. I'm still working on landing. It's wonderful to fly. I don't understand why all horses don't have wings. It doesn't seem fair, although I guess I don't have a horn. Can you do anything with it? Doesn't your forehead ever feel heavy?" The medic examined Soren's horn curiously. Really, you would think unicorns would fall down all the time because of that big stick on their heads, although it did give them a certain alluring air. Sometimes unicorns had red horns, or black ones, or white ones, or blue ones, but he hadn't seen a horse with a purple one. For a moment, the colt amused himself with a thought of a rainbow horn. Now, that would be funny.

"Catch me if you can!" In a sudden twist, Yol leaped away, dashing a couple of feet apart from Paladin's latest son. He giggled, short tail whisking back and forth. In truth, he was a little nervous. What if Soren didn't want to play? What then?!

Adoptable
S o r e n

A chiming laugh left the little ones mouth as the other boy questioned him. The thought of his small and growing horn making him fall over was just silly; after all, it was supposed to be there, wasn't it? "It doesn't make my head feel heavy. I'm not sure why it's there.. My mother doesn't have one. I can do this with it though!" With a look of concentration, the colt pointed his ebony horn to the snow. After a moment, a blue spark jump in the air near the tip of his horn, slowing morphing into a weak, dark azure flame. He glanced over to Yol, wondering what he would think of his magic. Granted, he was no master of it yet, but the ability was still something he was proud of.

Suddenly, the grey was off, and Soren lurched clumsily after him in a bounding lope. He was not quite as fast as the pegasus, and it proved tough to get near to running boy. Finding some more solid patches of snow, the dark dun managed to scramble up alongside Yol, and reached his muzzle out to grab playfully at his mane.

[ooc: Sorry for the delay! <3]

Unregistered
[I really can't think of anything else to post, sorry. I think its pretty much done. Would you like to say they just ran around and played?]