the Rift

[OPEN] Where to begin?

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Raeden was first to demonstrate her magic and both Mesec and Lyra were watching her with bright eyes - curious about a healing magic that used the spark element. She warned them about a bright blinding light, and despite how they wanted to watch and see what happened both fox and stallion had to close their eyes and turn away from the light when it flashed brightly and filled the area they were standing in.

When the light faded, Mesec first noticed now good he felt and when he inhaled the scent of fresh rain flooded his nostrils in a pleasant way. His smile was vibrant when his silver eyes opened again and Lyra yipped happily from her spot by Raeden and Lyanna. “That’s incredible, Raeden! I feel like I just woke up from the best sleep.”

Then it came his turn to demonstrate his healing magic - only, he needed to get injured first. “Okay uhh…” Lyra wasn’t too keen on the idea of harming Mesec but, unfortunately, for this little bit of magic he’d need some sort of wound. Lucius resisted the request as well - his talons and beak had left scars on Mesec before and he had no interest in repeating the experience for fun. “One sec.” He told the mares before turning and rummaging through the undergrowth of the forest until he found a stick. Lyra was watching him with concern and an overall feeling of ‘unimpressed’ flooded his mind from both of his companions. But, at least, this was the least destructive way Mesec had ever brought harm to himself.

It could have been much, much worse.

Returning to the group, Mesec held the stick in his mouth as best as he could and used it to scrape his leg just above the knee. His actions were clumsy, which was good - he didn’t want to go too deep anyway and the stick dragged across the skin and scraped it so that a small amount of blood swelled to the surface.

His silver eyes flickered up to the faces of the mares, smiling to show them that it was alright. “I’ve only been able to heal small injuries on myself so far with it.” He explained, hoping that they didn’t just think he was crazy.

Then his attention turned to Lyanna and he extended his injured leg so that they would be able to watch with ease. “I just sort of… need to focus on the injury and then the magic does the work. I don’t think I control it at all, the way most magic works. It’s like it’s just waiting on the sidelines for when I get an injury and then it moves to fix it - if that makes any sense at all.” Mesec quieted then, and rising from his skin around the leg he had injured was a swirl of shadows. It wasn’t quite a mist or fog, just an absence of light that shifted and spread until it covered the shallow wound he had made. Slowly, the skin began to knit together again and a moment later the extended leg was completely free of any sign it had been marked and the shadows faded away. “When it’s healing it feels… strange. Cooling, like when you walk from a sunny day into the shade of the trees. The first time I used it I was surprised by how gentle it was - everyone tends to think shadows and darkness as being harsh elements for magic but that isn’t always true.” Then he fell quiet, inviting any questions Lyanna - or Raeden - might have.

Mesec the Nightwind

@Lyanna omg you guys make Mesec chatty xD

Messages In This Thread
Where to begin? - by Lyanna - 03-14-2017, 08:49 AM
RE: Where to begin? - by Raeden - 03-22-2017, 11:00 PM
RE: Where to begin? - by Mesec - 03-26-2017, 10:11 AM
RE: Where to begin? - by Lyanna - 03-26-2017, 04:33 PM
RE: Where to begin? - by Raeden - 04-03-2017, 11:07 PM
RE: Where to begin? - by Mesec - 04-04-2017, 07:36 PM
RE: Where to begin? - by Lyanna - 04-07-2017, 02:53 PM
RE: Where to begin? - by Raeden - 04-11-2017, 10:34 PM
RE: Where to begin? - by Mesec - 04-23-2017, 09:22 AM