the Rift

[JUDGED] there's a place in the dark where the animals go [oizys vs weaver]

Weaver Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Corporal atk: 8.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.1 :: 3 years HP: 61 | Buff: Novice
Raven :: Australian Raven :: Terrorize Kyra
It’s a shame Weaver isn't one for talking much during a fight. It messes with her concentration, but more to the point, she gets in a zone. Gets in this place where words don’t exist. A place where you convey intention through biting, kicking, and bleeding. There’s something honest about the fight, whereas words are too easy to manipulate. Not to say she doesn’t use every trick in the book when she’s fighting, but it feels more honest than lying with her tongue.

But still, it’s a shame she doesn’t talk, because she’d have some great conversations. Erebos and her could have waxed philosophical about flying. About being honorable versus being conniving for the better good. Oizys and her could have a nice conversation about female dick envy. Weaver may have seven horns, but six of them are rather short. Only one is long, and none of them are jagged and likely to rip an organ straight out of someone's body. She can imagine one of those savage beasts snagging a lung and slipping it out between her ribs. Weaver’s horns, much to her dismay, make rather clean cuts.

Speaking of clean cuts, she feels her horns rip through flesh. Oops. That might be a bit much for a spar, but that’s what healers are for, right? Mortuus was going to get so sick of seeing Weaver. But she’s too lost in the fight to care now. Her heart thumps like a war drum in her ears, and she forgets the rest of the world. It is only herself and Oizys and a whole lot of horns between the two of them.

Any man would be hella jealous, actually.

Warning pulses in her bond from Raven, who's screaming at her to stop dreaming about horns. It takes Weaver a second to remember the eagle. Shit. This is why she trains. Not only for her love of fighting, though she does love it, but because she is an untempered blade. Because she is definitely not a battle slut, though she plans to be. Because to be worth anything, she needs to learn. Needs to remember the other damn companions, and Ker isn’t one to forget about, vicious looking thing that she is. Weaver has no idea where the bird is, so she assumes somewhere behind her, which means she's fucked. From the front and back. Because Oizys has pivoted and is aiming those three horns for Weaver’s right foreleg.

In an ideal world, she’d run away and tire Oizys out some. Or fly away. But fighting isn’t an ideal world, it’s the real world. In either plan she still has Ker to deal with, and she's not sure if the bird would tire as fast as her bonded. So, she pulls the same move Oizys did. Weaver pivots her hind end to the left, letting herself slip over the ice to move away from Ker’s talons faster. Her wings spread a bit, trying to keep her balance. As soon as she can get her hind legs under her again, she rocks back into a rear, trying to move her forelegs away from Oizys’ horns. She’s too slow to miss them completely. Ker’s talons slice down her rump, leaving a few lovely surface wounds that bloom red, though they don’t feel deep or particularly painful. One of Oizys’ horns skims past the top of her right foreleg, leaving behind something akin to a papercut. It hurts, but it’s more of an annoyance than a hindrance.

Height is not in Weaver's favor here. But she's hoping Oizys’ head is still lowered from trying to get those horns into Weaver’s leg. Weaver's pivot would have left her angled toward Oizys right shoulder if the girl hadn't moved at all. And since she’s already got her front legs in the air and Oizys' neck probably in front her, she figures she might as well go for it. Weaver lashes out with her front legs toward where she hopes Oizys’ neck is. If she’s lucky, she might even hit the other mare’s crest. A good bruise to the neck or crest would make movement more painful, and hopefully hinder some of the other girl’s powerful attacks. Because Weaver’s still sort of waiting for the moment when she gets run over by a mac truck in this battle.  

Attack: 2/3 – Words: 721
Summary:
- Ker’s talons leave a few small cuts in Weaver’s rump and Oizys’ horn leaves a small cut on the top of Weaver’s right leg
- Weaver rears and attempts to kick Oizys’ in the neck/crest

- weaver -

@Oizys

One question: So, since she rolled a 1 for damage, and the attack hit, would she have to take damage from both Ker and Oizys? Or could she take the damage from just one of the two pieces of the attack? I realize when I roll anything other than a 1 or a 2, splitting the damage is beneficial, but I was just curious about something like this situation.

As for the dice/damage, Heather explained it, so I think I get how they work. It’s really going to be learning what a 2 versus a 3, or a 3 versus a 4, etc. for damage is, I think (and having damage come from the different parts of an attack, or surroundings, etc.). But any and all advice on the dice would be great, because it’s super new to me.

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by AmoretteRose

Messages In This Thread
RE: there's a place in the dark where the animals go [oizys vs weaver] - by Weaver - 03-22-2017, 11:50 AM