the Rift

[PRIVATE] Nice kitty...

Vezér Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 17hh :: One year
Pare
Vezér

The sun was low in the sky as the filly made her way East. She had spent all day wondering where to find a jaguar to help her quest. The lady of the Moon had given her the task of feeding one or helping it hunt. Her young heart hammered at the thought of working with a fierce beast. A lump formed in her throat and she gulped how was she supposed to help a great cat hunt? She thought of asking her Apa, but he was so busy leading the herd now. Tyrath was always off doing his own thing, so she found herself alone. 'Maybe it's better this way. Hopefully the Moon will smile at me again for doing this on my own.'

Her heart swelled at the thought. So far the Moon Goddess was her favorite deity. She was beautiful, powerful, yet she still managed to be kind to a nervous filly like herself. Determination glinted in her silver flecked eyes as she trotted towards the east. She thought she would try the Hidden Falls first if that turned up empty she would head to the Deep Forest. The girl had also waited until night fall, because cats like the night, right? She prayed it would be easier to carry out than her doubts whispered it would be. 'If only I had a dragon to help me hunt down both the Jaguar and the prey.' If anything it would have been able to scout out where they were. She wanted to do any killing herself, just to further prove she was worthy of the Goddess's smiles.

Whatever what seemed like years she made to the Hidden Falls. As the name had suggested it wasn't easy to find the entrance, and when she did it had been slow going. Her hooves were used to things sliding under them, not causing them to slip. It was different from the sands of her home, but beautiful. She paused to catch her breath and look at the glorious waterfalls around her. The pounding of water soothed her thundering heart and centered her thoughts. 'I'll have to keep this place in mind.'

Nodding to herself the filly turned to head deeper into the strange area. A random urge to yell 'KITTY KITTY!' burst into her mind and a nervous smile touched her lips. After a few minutes of walking she found another waterfall with a strange musky scent around it. She stopped and lowered her head to her dagger. Carefully she slide it from the white Tiger hide sheath. She rolled the hilt between her teeth and watched the growing moonlight dance off the handle. Her father's teachings kick in and she turned to her back was to the waterfall. It would be harder for predators to creep up on her that way, or so she hoped. She glanced up at the sky casting a silent prayer to the slowly rising moon. 'Please don't let me end up on the menu...' Taking a deep calming breath she turned her full attention back to her surroundings.

---------------------------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 513
OOC/Tags;; @Random Event This is for her Moon Goddess quest where she has to help a jaguar hunt or feed one! <3 I ask it stay private =]
Please tag
Doesn't have her collar