the Rift

[OPEN] let me set the scene

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
a light from the shadows shall spring

“Dragonmare at border.” Lucius’ voice rouses Mesec from a small nap and in the haze of waking, he wasn’t quite sure who the zephyr was talking about. Mirage? Or Isopia, with her pair of royal dragons? It took another few moments for him to realize it was Amaris and then he was shifting from his spot in the shadows and making his way to the border. Surely someone on a patrol would move to greet her first, but he was curious about what brought her here - was she going to join the Edge again? And how was her dragon companion doing?

Someone else was already there when he finally spotted Amaris by the gate among the spikes but at first that did not deter Mesec. It was only when he had already drawn close that he remembered that Tandavi and Amaris were friends - that he remembered how he had met them both here, in the Edge, when they were all very much younger. He was about ten feet away when he realized he could be interrupting an important reunion for them both. It had been a while since he had seen Amaris - since her dragon hatching - and longer since he had seen Tandavi but he was just an acquaintance to them both, wasn’t he?

What right did he have to come barging in?

He considered, for a moment, teleporting away and leaving them alone. But he’s too close now - surely they would have seen him already. Lyra was acting shy as well, not performing her usual antics and bridging any gaps. She was eyeing Natraj with an intense curiosity - it wasn’t often she came across one of her own. While she clamoured up Mesec’s neck in an attempt to get a better look, Mesec finally found his voice when there was a moment of silence between their conversation. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt.” The words feel lame on his tongue and he felt like that gangly little colt again, coming to the Edge to find a flower. His silver eyes shift from Tandavi before focusing on Amaris with a small, shy smile forming. “I just wanted to say hi.” He finished and awkwardly lingered where he was - entirely unsure of whether he should shift forward or leave it at that and leave.

Surely their reaction would help him figure out which was the best course of action.

image by Blu

<333333
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
let me set the scene - by Amaris - 03-15-2017, 08:54 PM
RE: let me set the scene - by Tandavi - 03-18-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: let me set the scene - by Amaris - 03-20-2017, 06:42 AM
RE: let me set the scene - by Mesec - 03-26-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: let me set the scene - by Tandavi - 04-03-2017, 09:12 AM
RE: let me set the scene - by Amaris - 04-04-2017, 04:34 AM
RE: let me set the scene - by Mesec - 04-04-2017, 08:06 PM