the Rift

[OPEN] let me set the scene

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
dragonborn
Stories were spoken, presented, given to the listener in the most earnest fashion. Hope was pledged in those words, faith laced throughout, for though she feared rejection, she knew, somewhere within, that her beloved cousin would never turn her away, and that it was kept them coming. Magic surrounded her little king, Natraj pressed himself to her and they both revelled in the loving support their cousins ( 'Raj is brother, Dramyrth corrected ) generously gave. Amaris greedily breathed in the healing sparks and embers from her proximity, letting the small wave of her cousin's healing ability refresh her further.

I'm so sorry, Amaris.

With the words, came a cold dread. A vice-grip of ice seemed to enclose her heart, fear caused tension to stiffen her body again, and for a moment, Amaris was a deer caught in the headlights of its doom, stunned and shocked, staring its greatest fear in the face and unable to fathom just how to survive it. What could Tandavi have to be sorry for, if not her decision perhaps to turn her away, reject her, scorn her, hate her forevermore? The dragonmare blinked and lifted her head not long after laying it down, her motions stiff and jarred, scared. The copper belle, her beloved cousin, makes to speak further, but they are interrupted-

I'm so sorry, ( why is everyone sorry?! ) I didn't mean to interrupt. The dragonmare's keen golden gaze finds the silver-lined features of Mesec, and though she is still encased in fear, the icy grip on her heart thaws as her cousin reacts so vehemently, so passionately. Amaris watches as copper and gold ears drop beneath a sea of tresses, as her haughty gaze shoots daggers at the Nightwind, as her posture leans further into Amaris. Hope blossoms again, defiant against the cold fear, perhaps I misinterpreted before. And this proves to be true, as her cousin very determinedly declares that she is staying here, not to be turned away, not to be scorned or rejected - hope shatters the icy fist that had enclosed her, spreading warmth and love and relief throughout her being, so much so that she began to purr in that curiously draconic way only she could.

"Oh -" she said, softly expressing surprise, though it was with a gentle playfulness as she leaned to her cousin's ear, lipped at the furry edges and whispered, "I'm only staying if it's forever, with you." The dragonmare blew a warm breath then, before returning her attention to the tribrid steed. "Hello Mesec," she sings warmly, happily, from her cousin's side, the smile upon her face very real as she cannot help but recall the childhood memory of a situation so similar to this, with the three of them, near the border of the Edge, searching for a midnight flower. ( Idly, Amaris wonders whether that tree is still standing, if they could find it again, relive it - maybe pick another flower? ) "Please," she intoned, "who is the authority in the Edge now? I would love nothing more than to be of use in my new-" ( but original ) "-home. What ranks are the thinnest? How can I be of service?"

Already she felt her energy return as the situation became decided sanguine, as the rightness of everything made her feel more secure, confident and happy than she had been in forever. "It's wonderful to see you," she added, only just realising that she did consider the moonlit lad a friend - it had only been a few months since she last saw him, for her anyway, but the years had done him well. He was a stallion grown well into himself, ( - was he always that tall? - ), but kindness still softened his features, ( - was he always so buff? - ), and he had another companion no less ( Dramyrth trilled cautiously in greeting, reserving judgement - he vaguely recalled the steed from his hatch-day, though not as vividly as the other dark one who attended, for he had with him other dragons, and dragons were always wont to be distracted by others of their kind ). She was excited to see him again, to learn all that he had been up to - he, and her cousin, and her home, her family.

Home, she hummed happily to herself, purring all the while as her companion lazily curled up on Tandavi's rump, his tail flopped over her flank and twitching occasionally, watching the proceedings with a royal dignity only a little king could muster.

ILU GUYS <3 You give me all the Amaris muse!
@Mesec @Tandavi
She would like the Philosopher rank for now please, if someone could pretty please get her rank updated? Thank youuuuuu
sky above me — earth below me
and fire within me
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
let me set the scene - by Amaris - 03-15-2017, 08:54 PM
RE: let me set the scene - by Tandavi - 03-18-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: let me set the scene - by Amaris - 03-20-2017, 06:42 AM
RE: let me set the scene - by Mesec - 03-26-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: let me set the scene - by Tandavi - 04-03-2017, 09:12 AM
RE: let me set the scene - by Amaris - 04-04-2017, 04:34 AM
RE: let me set the scene - by Mesec - 04-04-2017, 08:06 PM