the Rift

What Child Am I?

Saoirse Posts: 55
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Tribrid :: 16.2 adult :: 3 seasons [Orangemoon]
mar

The boy finds himself far from home alone. The fear isn’t so bad this time, as he focuses on his goal for today. And surprisingly the winds, the air and the clouds are pleasant enough to enjoy. Finding himself above the earth, and drawing his eyes from below and beyond. He wants to follow that horizon to the ends of the earth, to the unknowns that twist away from Helovia.

But of course these fanciful thoughts are not as strong as his home. A land of heat and sandy dunes, of ocean that thickly scents his hide and sprinkles his fur with brine.

Perhaps he will find more than a mere stranger, more than an eager soul boundless, unattached and unburdened by the happenings of their world. Perhaps he will find a friend in those patches of forest and pastures.

As Saoirse flies above and past the Threshold, he circles the lands carefully – spying for potential bodies that hide between the greenery. He avoids the forms of adults for now, wary of their bulk and their potential for injury. But among the throngs of tree limbs, and sweetened pastures, he spots the colt from afar.

Moving, walking, and bouncing through the lands spurned by some unnatural power that kept him going. It sparked more than interest, that began pulling the youth further and further from the air. More than mere curiosity that thrummed heavily, longing to partake in that same energy that appeared to course through the stranger.

But of course Saoirse had not mastered flight just yet. And the constant movement of the youth below was starting to become a hassle for the young colt. Uncertain how to land without a clearing, or else risk breaking something in the wood; with a huff, the boy attempted to predict the boy’s direction. And took to landing in a pasture ahead of the body as it sprung further into foliage.

He held his breath, and braced his limbs for the lush grounds. Flailing his wings to slow his descent, but skidding across the lands regardless. The boy squealed as he touched the pastures. Tumbling across the earth and coming to a halt with breathy sighs and outstretched, feathered limbs. “When is that ever going to be easy?” He whined briefly, giving his ruddy head a shake and made to scan the terrain.

Those green eyes finally spotted the other colt. Closer up, the figure appeared much older than himself, though the fact did not deter Saoirse from picking up his shaky limbs to join him. “HI!” He called out to the earth-toned figure, forcing a crooked smile along his features.

“Hey!” He reared playfully as soon as he breached within the colt’s personal bubble. A restless air causing the boy to snap out his wings and giggle out into the open.  “I’m Saoirse! What are you doing all the way out here, huh?” His leonine tail swished excitedly for a response.

Image Credits

@Levitz :: welcome to Helovia! :3

Messages In This Thread
What Child Am I? - by Levitz - 03-16-2017, 12:52 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Saoirse - 03-16-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Wessex - 03-16-2017, 05:45 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Levitz - 03-17-2017, 06:55 AM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Saoirse - 03-17-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Wessex - 03-18-2017, 11:09 AM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Levitz - 03-18-2017, 05:13 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Saoirse - 03-20-2017, 11:23 AM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Wessex - 03-20-2017, 08:15 PM