the Rift

What Child Am I?

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

Oh they’re all so witty, aren’t they? Teenage rebellion makes for boldened hearts and barbed tongues - quick to slice and dice, but slow to realize that their invulnerability is due more to the efforts of others than their youthful, swaggering bravado. Wessex’s gaze remains steady, unyielding as she takes in the boy’s retort. Her response holds no malice, no biting remark to try and show him who’s boss (though is there any really doubt who might win in a fight?). She’s as cool as a cucumber, even as the younger horned-and-feathered boy chimes in that there’s no one stopping him. Well, of course not. But that didn’t answer her question about whether or not they’re supposed to be out there, on the cusp of their world, while the clinging tendrils of night descend upon Helovia.

“Yes, actually. I am. As the second-highest rank in the Basin’s army, it’s important to patrol all of Helovia, not just our herd land. Especially given the uncertainty of the Kaos situation.” The latter half of that statement is directed more at the younger colt, who seems to be more of a Helovian than the other, who smells of Not-Helovia. The bone-beast killed a mare who seemed to know what she was doing, battle-wise. Imagine what it could do to children.

A part of her acknowledges that she is rather out of place in this conversation, but as one of the boys says he’s from the Throat, and offers a home, she can’t help but feel a bit of a competitive edge coming on. Which is utterly ridiculous, the logical part of her argues, because they were off to a rough start (there was never any condescension in her question, not that she can control how the lad feels), and why the hell should a grown mare compete with a colt? On the other hand, her pride says she can’t just let that comment about the ‘best warriors’ slide.

“Or you could try the Basin, up north - we’re a hardy, independent bunch. And our warriors just took down a bear last week.” She throws a wink to the Throat colt, as if to say that this out-doing each other is all in good fun. That bear was a hell of a fight, though - and she’s got the marks to prove it.

W E S S E X

image credit

@Levitz  
@Saoirse  
Ha, it's cool! Should have seen me trying to learn to tag the first couple of times XD
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
What Child Am I? - by Levitz - 03-16-2017, 12:52 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Saoirse - 03-16-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Wessex - 03-16-2017, 05:45 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Levitz - 03-17-2017, 06:55 AM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Saoirse - 03-17-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Wessex - 03-18-2017, 11:09 AM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Levitz - 03-18-2017, 05:13 PM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Saoirse - 03-20-2017, 11:23 AM
RE: What Child Am I? - by Wessex - 03-20-2017, 08:15 PM