the Rift

[PRIVATE] made my getaway

Vastra Posts: 58
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.3 wfg :: 1 year
Sarah
Vastra
Melita’s interest in the things that Vastra has seen in the caves takes the older filly by surprise, but she’s delighted by the interest being shown too. “There are trees with leaves that glow the same colour as the ocean. And mushrooms that are bright as the sky and taste sweet. And birds whiter than clouds. There’s a wall of fire that moves like water.” Vastra tells the girl, her voice soft and gentle as though she were sharing a secret - and she was. She had never shown anyone the things she had learned about the animals and plants before. Castor never seemed interested and the bugs Vastra might befriend here and there didn’t seem to understand her excitement over new discoveries. She hopes that Melita’s different.

The young girl moves, finally, and Vastra smiles easily then, taking up stride beside her new companion and and leading them down into the depths.

The first cavern that they reach has the wall that she mentioned last - illuminated by water-fire (or lava, as she’ll learn one day) that casts bright orange and red lights and deep shadows everywhere. She’s eager to explore deeper into the caves, to get to the room where everything glows, but she’s going to take some cues from Melita as well. She wants the younger girl to be fascinated and interested in what they find down here, and Vastra figures she’ll show the boring stuff like the fire-wall and the carvings before getting to the really cool stuff that’s further back.

These caves have never shown her their dangerous side and she’s feeling confident in them, like she’s showing someone her home and no harm could ever befall them while they were there.

image | bckg

@Melita

Messages In This Thread
made my getaway - by Melita - 03-16-2017, 06:06 PM
RE: made my getaway - by Vastra - 03-20-2017, 04:51 PM
RE: made my getaway - by Melita - 03-26-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: made my getaway - by Vastra - 04-10-2017, 01:55 PM
RE: made my getaway - by Melita - 04-16-2017, 11:56 AM
RE: made my getaway - by Vastra - 04-23-2017, 07:35 PM
RE: made my getaway - by Melita - 05-20-2017, 07:36 PM
RE: made my getaway - by Vastra - 05-31-2017, 07:54 PM