the Rift

[OPEN] Meet you by the Sentinels [Welcoming and Healer Needed]

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

A’ight look, Wessex is all for steel spines and stoicism and being a strong individual and taking the boo-boo’s with a grain of salt, buttttttt this is an exception. Some things heal well, she things, and some things don’t. The soldier is about the farthest from a healer that one can get, but even she knows better than to tempt fate. Her face contorts into a severe look, lips pursing together and eyes narrowing at his denial. “Don’t be an idiot.” Starting off very diplomatic, yes, good job, Wessex. “Your wounds look nasty and we don’t recruit folks just to have them die of infection.” Because that would just be a waste of time and effort.

She glances to Nox, unaware of what he can and cannot do with his Time Mender-y powers, but she takes a leap of faith and bluffs her way through. “If you’re really keen on suffering through, I’m sure Nox here can somehow manage both.” A gruff scoff ends her little half-rant about the matter, and accompanied by a whip-like tail, betrays Wessex’s irritation at the stallion. Men! See, this is why she prefers the fairer sex. Would Manon or Tiamat decline an offer to heal? No. She imagines that they rather like looking pretty, which has nothing to do with health, but it is the only comparison that pops into her head at that moment.

Whether or not their sarcasm is wasted on his skin is irrelevant - because he would at least have some skin left, thanks to them.

Weaver, however, mentions that Beloved explained the Sentinels to her, and that means that she would be rather unable to explain their history to their new friend. So Wessex reaches back into the conversations she’s had and overheard for the best explanation she can piece together, which is not the whole story - but the best she can do. Perhaps someone else can do better. “They were built by our current Lord’s father to protect the herd. He had… magic to help him, I believe. We are looking for a way to restore them to full function.” As in, they are not currently in use, but are a pretty piece of art - impressive and warlike, and altogether what she imagines the Basin to be when at its prime.

W E S S E X

image credit

@Mortuus Nox  @Weaver  @Altar
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
RE: Meet you by the Sentinels [Welcoming and Healer Needed] - by Wessex - 04-06-2017, 05:46 PM